Wheel building

Velo13

Re: Wheel building

Postby Velo13 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Jean, that's a great offer. Give them a go and see what you think!

I just loaded all my unmounted tubs into my bag and I am off to France to go riding for a couple of weeks. Hooked up a nice old rig to ride, and it's got tubulars! Looking forward to it, because I don't ride tubs much any more (once or twice a month at most), and this means I'll do so consistently for a time.

Jean

Postby Jean » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Thanks for the offer. Campag or Shimano? I run Campag 10-speed.

I've been giving this some thought the last few days and am increasingly interested in tubs.Plenty of people seem to ride them all the time (though a decided minority). Just something for a kind of cycling bucket list I suppose (as weird as that may sound).

A try out would be good. I'm doing a new bike buildup at the moment so trying some tubs when that is up and going would be ideal before I go any further with this foolish idea.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Jean wrote:Thanks for the offer. Campag or Shimano? I run Campag 10-speed.

I've been giving this some thought the last few days and am increasingly interested in tubs.Plenty of people seem to ride them all the time (though a decided minority). Just something for a kind of cycling bucket list I suppose (as weird as that may sound).

A try out would be good. I'm doing a new bike buildup at the moment so trying some tubs when that is up and going would be ideal before I go any further with this foolish idea.
Shimano :(

However the difference in spacing is not much. If you adjust the gears to be perfect in one of the cogs in the middle of the cassette, the changing will be good enough for the rest (not perfect but it is only a test). I even have a cassette and chain. :)

Cheers,

Cameron

Jean

Postby Jean » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks for the offer. The Campag-Shimano divide can probably be bridged, at least for a brief trial. I'll PM you when my new roadie is up and running - a couple of months, I hope.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Jean wrote:Thanks for the offer. The Campag-Shimano divide can probably be bridged, at least for a brief trial. I'll PM you when my new roadie is up and running - a couple of months, I hope.
No problem. :)

Cheers,

Cameron