Help Identifying this bicycle

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Help Identifying this bicycle

Postby agnewconcepts » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm

I have recently purchased a bicycle from an elderly man at a yard sale. He was using the bike as a home gym. The bike is green with the name Supreme hand painted on the frame, the only serial number I could find was on the frame at the rear hub, 38415. The rear hub says Komet Super. There is also a logo on the front of the frame with a wheel and a British Flag on one side and an Australian Flag on the other. etc. Can anyone help with year and whether it was an old racer. Thanks. I will add pics when allowed.
agnewconcepts

by BNA » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:23 pm

BNA

Re: Help Identifying this bicycle

Postby Stepr » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Sounds quite a lot like my Supreme, same colour, same head badge flags, and I think same rear hub.

Haven't found much info on them so would be keen to hear more, Id say they date to late 60s very early 70s. Not really a racer, just the run of the mill bike, solid built like a tank.

anything like this? this pic is as it was - rather dusty in need of a clean up. Chrome and the rest of it has now cleaned up nicely but don't have a pic of that.
Stepr

Postby agnewconcepts » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:29 am

Thank you for your reply, yes exactly the same bicycle. Is there any value to these bikes?
Here is a link to mine.
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag9 ... d139e8.jpg
Thanks again.
agnewconcepts

Postby Torana68 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 am

agnewconcepts wrote:Thank you for your reply, yes exactly the same bicycle. Is there any value to these bikes?
Here is a link to mine. http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag9 ... d139e8.jpg
Thanks again.

no its a run of the mill, common as, roadster, its value is to me $20 IF I wanted one like it (I dont :D ), you might find someone who would want it or you could give it to someone who might be able to use it, maybe swap it for something you need in the classifieds on here .
Torana68

Postby Summernight » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 am

Out of curiosity how does one use the bike as a home gym? I know the usual 'bike on trainer/rollers' but is there other stuff too?
Summernight

Postby Stepr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:08 pm

run of the mill... but I wouldn't say 'common as'.... don't see many kick'in round the place here.

looks like yours even has the same type of red seat? have to say they must be all original. Mine was a old barn find (clearing sale).
Stepr

Postby agnewconcepts » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Same red seat, very good condition. It was purchased from a yard sale, the elderly man had the stand made up so he could use in his garage. Good looking bike and in very good condition.

Thanks for your help.
agnewconcepts

Postby agnewconcepts » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Summernight wrote:Out of curiosity how does one use the bike as a home gym? I know the usual 'bike on trainer/rollers' but is there other stuff too?

Well mate, you could use it for arm curls, over head presses, even lie down and use it for bench press, use your immagination, the exercises possible are endless. Or maybe you could forget about the workouts and just be helpful to those of us who are new to the forum and are looking to gain some insight and knowledge into classical bicycles. I thought that this is what this forum is about, not smart alec, time wasting and unhelpful responses. 8)
agnewconcepts

Postby munga » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 pm

tense. nothing says "frustrated grumpy old man" like chopping someone out on your eighth post, especially a girl. if i was tom cruise i'd tell you to put your manners back in. 8)

Summernight wrote:Out of curiosity how does one use the bike as a home gym? I know the usual 'bike on trainer/rollers' but is there other stuff too?

i would suggest that the bike was probably on a resistance/wind trainer under the house.
munga

Postby Summernight » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm

munga wrote:tense. nothing says "frustrated grumpy old man" like chopping someone out on your eighth post, especially a girl. if i was tom cruise i'd tell you to put your manners back in. 8)

i would suggest that the bike was probably on a resistance/wind trainer under the house.

That's okay, Munga. Tom Cruise is too short for me. :wink:

I was genuinely interested in what he had to say about the home gym statement as it was an interesting concept if different from the usual (and I possibly could have learnt something from Agnewconcepts' elderly seller), but seems it was nothing new.

Apologies for wasting Agnewconcepts' time.

Hope you find what you are seeking.
Summernight

Return to Retro biking