1988 Apollo Concorde refresh

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Re: 1988 Apollo Concorde refresh

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Got to spend a little time in the man cave tonight... end result: functioning bike!

Still got some work to do but it's running. Rebuilt the front wheel with new spokes, left the rear as is (didnt have spokes for the drive side). Shifted pretty nicely off the bat but still needs a little fine tuning, true the front wheel, clean the pedals up and fix up a spot on the saddle that has come apart. Waiting on lever hoods to make their way over from the states then I can get the cockpit finished. Pretty happy with it so far for my first rebuild, even more disappointed now its too big (which I forgot about in my excitement to get on it, let's just say im glad I already have a child :shock: ) Will probably end up owing me more than I get for it, but that wasnt the point of the exercise anyways...

Snapped a quick phone pic. Yeah I know its not in the big ring, the rear wheel isnt straight and it was too dark to use the garage door as a backdrop :P

master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:10 pm

BNA

Postby im_no_pro » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Aaaand..... She's done. Took it for a bit of a spin around the block and she rides quite nice. Just a shame it's so big. Pretty happy with how it ended up, learnt a lot. Now its time to move her on and look for something a little more size appropriate. Hopefully I can at least break even, ended up dropping a bit more into it than planned :roll:

master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby QuangVuong » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 pm

So the 1055 hoods fit well?

It's looking good, and very clean. Add some lens flare and it'll go for 500-1500! :)
80's Bundy
87 Kestrel 4000
88 Giant Cadex 980c
89 Centurion Carbon
89 Peugeot Carbon Pro
99 Kestrel 200 EMS

QuangVuong

Postby im_no_pro » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Hoods fit perfect, only difference is external aesthetics. Cheers for the heads up.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Previous

Return to Retro biking