Vintage Australian Team photo collection

jhea57
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby jhea57 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi guys
I am interested to collecting vintage cycling team photo's eg.. malvern star, healing, super elliot etc...
if you have any please post them here

I have a Healing Australian Cycling yearbook from 37-38 so will get some images up soon.
thanks in advance

jhea57
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby jhea57 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 am

Here is a couple of photos from some old "Australian Cyclist" mag from the late 40's
Post yours here as well..

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
GaryF
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland.

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby GaryF » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Some great old photos there. I wish I had some to add to your thread. I do have this one which I love:

Image

User avatar
Derny Driver
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Wollongong

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby Derny Driver » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:24 pm

GaryF wrote:Some great old photos there. I wish I had some to add to your thread. I do have this one which I love:

Image

That's my uncle. He was quite a showman.
I also have the original photo ...plus many others.

User avatar
Derny Driver
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Wollongong

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby Derny Driver » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Image

scratchman
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Carapooee, central victoria

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby scratchman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 am

that's a great photo DD, particularly like the detail of the 5 star bikes, got any more to share?
Phil

User avatar
Derny Driver
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Wollongong

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby Derny Driver » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 pm

scratchman wrote:that's a great photo DD, particularly like the detail of the 5 star bikes, got any more to share?

Ive got literally thousands of photos scratchman, I wouldn't know where to start. Mostly they are of track riders of the 1950's and 1960's. Sprinters, stayers, pursuiters, sixday teams. Plus my uncles personal collection from his career.
I hope to publish the best of them in a book, my uncles biography, so I don't want to jump the gun by posting them on the net.
I have posted a few in the track photos thread.
Cheers, DD

User avatar
GaryF
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland.

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby GaryF » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Derny Driver wrote:
scratchman wrote:that's a great photo DD, particularly like the detail of the 5 star bikes, got any more to share?

Ive got literally thousands of photos scratchman, I wouldn't know where to start. Mostly they are of track riders of the 1950's and 1960's. Sprinters, stayers, pursuiters, sixday teams. Plus my uncles personal collection from his career.
I hope to publish the best of them in a book, my uncles biography, so I don't want to jump the gun by posting them on the net.
I have posted a few in the track photos thread.
Cheers, DD


Now that's a bike book I'd be proud to own.

scratchman
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Carapooee, central victoria

Re: Vintage Australian Team photo collection

Postby scratchman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 pm

GaryF wrote:
Derny Driver wrote:
scratchman wrote:that's a great photo DD, particularly like the detail of the 5 star bikes, got any more to share?

Ive got literally thousands of photos scratchman, I wouldn't know where to start. Mostly they are of track riders of the 1950's and 1960's. Sprinters, stayers, pursuiters, sixday teams. Plus my uncles personal collection from his career.
I hope to publish the best of them in a book, my uncles biography, so I don't want to jump the gun by posting them on the net.
I have posted a few in the track photos thread.
Cheers, DD


Now that's a bike book I'd be proud to own.

absolutely, there needs to be more on OZ cycling history
Phil

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: find_bruce