Brisbane Tweed Ride!

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Brisbane Tweed Ride!

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks to Hamster and a couple of others there is finally another tweed ride organised, starting from Northgate (or Sandgate for those wanting a shorter option) on Sunday July 28. More info here http://www.meetup.com/brisbanebikerides ... 125194662/ .

I'll be there on my 54 Healing, hopefully my wife will be able to join in too but she is dealing with back issues atm.

When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

by BNA » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:15 pm

BNA

Re: Brisbane Tweed Ride!

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:15 pm

same date as the Tweed Ride in Adelaide, except ours is about 5km total length with lots of stops.
Some exercise is gained in the riding of the heavy steel bikes into the city centre and home again.
Philip
ˈfiləp/ a movement made by bending the last joint of a finger against the thumb and suddenly releasing it
Clydesdale Scot

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:58 pm

The countdown is on, only 13 hours to go!

Fingers crossed the Healing is good to go for her first real ride in probably 40 odd years, I've been getting the last few things sorted out today, getting my head around cottered cranks (lots of experience removing them, not so much with putting them back on!), fitting and equipping the saddle bag, getting the BB to stay adjusted :shock: . Like I said, fingers crossed :) .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:41 pm

ldrcycles wrote:The countdown is on, only 13 hours to go!

Plus a week!
isn't it 28th July, today is 20th July
Philip
ˈfiləp/ a movement made by bending the last joint of a finger against the thumb and suddenly releasing it
Clydesdale Scot

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:18 pm

oh dear

:shock:
ldrcycles

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:23 pm

ldrcycles wrote:oh dear

:shock:

dress rehearsal?
Philip
Clydesdale Scot

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Yep let's go with that :) .

At least I decided to drive down on the morning, otherwise I would already be in Brisbane and would be at Northgate tomorrow morning wondering where everyone else was :lol: . And I can drown my sorrows with the bottle of "champagne" I bought for $5.20 to get a cork for my olde style bidon :D .
ldrcycles

Postby vaeske » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:06 am

damn...wish i could've made it!!! oh well. will have to wait for the next one. Mrs has a uni expo on so have to do that instead... :(
vaeske

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 am

vaeske wrote:damn...wish i could've made it!!! oh well. will have to wait for the next one. Mrs has a uni expo on so have to do that instead... :(

you only have to wait until next Sunday 28 July 2013 when the Tweed Ride is scheduled, unless you are going to the Uni expo next weekend. But everyone else is going today.
Lachlan's dress rehearsal was today (can't wait for the photos)
Philip
Clydesdale Scot

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Photo from today's tweed ride...

:lol:
ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Well there it was, a great ride through some really nice scenery with great company. A few didn't get the memo about dressing up but at least they were enthusiastic about riding :) . My Healing had a couple of issues, one of the mudguard bolts rattled loose (easily fixed) and the front hub disintegrated on the way back from Redcliffe. Luckily Hoffy Cycles were only a few k away and open so $10 later she was all good to go again.

My Healing at Clontarf

The group at the restaurant at Redcliffe

And at the southern end of the Ted Smout Bridge

ldrcycles

Return to Retro biking