My Ricardo Bushbike frshen up

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Re: My Ricardo Bushbike frshen up

Postby Steve F » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:48 pm

HappyHumber wrote:Wow, you're a natural with Illustrator, Steve!

They're not perfect and these ones are just done in photoshop as the image I had was pretty good, just needed to changed the text to match what it should say :)

The only problem is the white cut edge stands out a bit on the red but I can live with that since this is no factory perfect restoration :) I think I may be able to touch that edge up manually before I shoot a little clear over them anyway.

And a clear paper logo on the forks.

Cheers
Steve
Steve F

by BNA » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:40 pm

BNA

Postby RicardoBushbike » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Those decals look fantastic, Steve. I'd be definitely interested in buying a set from you. I've just sent you a PM - my PC's finally fixed (ended up doing it myself - bloody idiots), and I have the full set of Ricardo decal photos, and measurements. Looks like you've got it all sorted! The bike looks fantastic with new paint. I've actually got 2 orange Bush Bikes, and I haven't needed to repaint - the original paint still looks great.

One thing I really would recommend with the bike - you add some extra gears. You might not need to upgrade the derailleur, but you just change over the back wheel with one that takes cassette cogs - probably the most you can upgrade to is 24 speed. The old SIS selector won't handle anything more than 18 speed, so you just convert over to old-style friction gear selection (you just pull the side lever on the original SIS gear selector). I've upgraded my bike from 18 speed to 24 speed, and just had to pull the frame out a bit for the extra cogs to fit. It makes the bike into a much better ride, and way faster than stock. Not as fast as my Giant CRX as a commuter though, and it's still a pig uphill, but it's now a much more usable bike. I kind of like the combination of old and new components too.
RicardoBushbike

Postby vaeske » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:13 pm

really looking forward to the finished product!!
vaeske

Previous

Return to Retro biking