Gios Torino Appreciation society

dayne

Re: Gios Torino Appreciation society

Postby dayne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:55 pm

DIY on an x5 ? It's not an old giant
To be honest the best thing to do is just pay up you hit them at your fault how would you feel if they hit you?
Glad your ok shame about the gios but plenty more frames out there.

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:43 am

Missed this report. Too work-busy... :roll: main thing is you 'bounced', by the sounds. Plus youth on your side. Never good though. Again, BMWs go down further in my estimation. The least they could have done was seen you coming, move forward and blast the horn. Inspecting front wheels on the move has its hazards, though. :|
Keep us posted on your ride-fitness. Am up for a pre-Xmas doddle. We should be around the same speed for a while. (Sorry mate, just trying to ease the pain... The GIOS is ultimately just (classy) metal, in the end analysis).
Must brush up on the expression of momentum, as elicited in your description of speed/mass at impact, though. I'm behind the times.
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 am

^ the BMW was parked with no one inside, my brother merely had a lapse of concentration and hit it from behind
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Shame, I'd love to blame a BMW driver.
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm

I will try to avoid crashing into objects.
And my Brooklyn jersey arrived today.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 pm

For those looking for the "Professional" frame specs,
the frame size is indicated under the bottom bracket.
These are for the frames before Quang custom modifies them.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Clydesdale Scot wrote:These are for the frames before Quang custom modifies them.
Ow harsh but fair :)
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Wilto70

Postby Wilto70 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi. I just purchased a bike that has stickers labelled Stinsmen Racing and it is the Veloce model. It has Gios pressed into the bottom bracket lug just like the Compact Pro that I own and all the other lugs a look like gios lugs. The rear drop outs look like the same type on Gios Torini Aerodynamic. It doesn't have a braze-on for the front derailleur but it has internal routing for the rear brake cable on the sides of the top tube in a different location to the Compact Pro. The bloke I purchased it from said that it was his brothers bike from the 80s and that the frame builder was American. This is all I know. The frame has a mixture of Campy and Shimano Dura Ace/600 tricolour components. The hubs are both 600 tricolour. The quill stem and bars are Italmanubri. It is the same size as my Compact Pro and it rides the same.

I have very limited knowlegde of Gios bikes. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

uart

Postby uart » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:49 pm

QuangVuong wrote:Today brings bad news. Just about 1 month old, and I destroyed the frame. I rear ended a car only hundreds of metres away from home. Just at that moment i was looking down at the front wheel, and I flew over the bars. Picked myself up, and the bike, but tended to my busted lip before all else. Noticed I couldnt steer, and then realised I had just bent the frame. Looking back at the GPS data, I was going in the low 20s(maybe 21-22km/h) when I collided into the rear bumper of the X5. I came out alright with only a few tiny bruises and abrasions, and a busted lip, butnothing too serious.

Did about 350km on it, so I got my $75 value out of it, but still it is the loss of a pretty good frame. I am sad that this has happened even though it could have been prevented if I was paying more attention. It was totally my fault. Most surprisingly is that all the other components are fine. Front wheel is a couple mm out of true, but not dented or broken at all, and my brake levers are scratched.

Sorry for bumping an old post, I just had to see that.

uart

Postby uart » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Wilto70 wrote:Hi. I just purchased a bike that has stickers labelled Stinsmen Racing and it is the Veloce model.
It sounds interesting. Are you able to post any photos?