Bianchi Appreciation Society

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:57 pm

cool, i have some 64-42's but they're pretty trashed on the logo's. i'll bring them for you to see. i think i bought them from LG a coupla years ago.
Dan has a set of something 46cm wide if you're interested.
biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

Discodan
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby Discodan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:21 am

munga wrote:
every time i see it, i think of ricky bobby. 8)
[

Yep, a shocking piece of marketing. No great surprise that they renamed it the Vigorelli after a couple of years, a lot more Italy and a lot less Alabama
Image

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:43 am

Shake and bake!
biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:12 pm

biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:13 pm

biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Does anyone have links to brochures / catalogues?

i have seen:

http://www.velobase.com/resource_tools/ ... scans.aspx

and

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/my_bianchi/catalogs.htm

the japanese catalogues are numerous, but poor-resolution. such a shame!
biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:58 pm

was lucky enough to find a fairly suitable replacement fork:

Image

happy happy joy joy!!

Image
biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Fork arrived today.
biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 pm

..and apart from needing about 10mm-12mm take off the steerer length, it looks a ripper.
contemplating some silver spacers and telling everyone 'it's because of my bad back'. ;)
"i will post pictures soon".
biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

User avatar
rkelsen
Posts: 4402
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby rkelsen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Some very nice bikes in this thread. Well done All.

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby munga » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:30 pm

fitted new fork last night. looks perfect!
Image
biggest classic racing bicycle fb group in the world:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classiccyclingworld/

redrover3
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby redrover3 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Fork suits it. I like your blue rims. They work well with the decals.
Tony

Lots of steel bikes
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:11 pm

rkelsen wrote:Some very nice bikes in this thread. Well done All.

Very odd though that so far only three bikes have featured.

User avatar
mitchy_
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby mitchy_ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:23 pm

not mine, but i love it...

Image
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.

User avatar
GaryF
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland.

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby GaryF » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:08 am

Lots of steel bikes wrote:
rkelsen wrote:Some very nice bikes in this thread. Well done All.

Very odd though that so far only three bikes have featured.


Here's one I posted in 2006 - my first post in this forum in fact. I was enquiring about the year of production. I've since answered my own question - 1982. Since then I've sold it then re-bought it. It's a Columbus Tre-tubed Campione del Mondo with mainly Campy Nuovo Record. This model was raced by the Belgian team.

Image

User avatar
utedeej
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby utedeej » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 am

That is one very nice looking bike Gary. Even got the dust caps still.

Like many others, a Bianchi is certainly something i'd love in my shed one day.

User avatar
utedeej
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby utedeej » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:37 pm

You've got to start somewhere!!!!!!

Image

Image

Bottom bracket cup has sheared off and left some in the bb shell. Will see how i go removing it, but the rest of the bike seems in good condition.

I didn't really need another mountain bike frame, but did need a Bianchi :) even though its not really the kind I want :(

User avatar
GaryF
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland.

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby GaryF » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:51 pm

It is a Bianchi so it's a good place to 'start' as you say. It does sound like it is very possible to revive the BB shell and build it up again. Best of luck.

bog1953
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby bog1953 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 am

GaryF that Bianchi is very nice !!!!

User avatar
vaeske
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby vaeske » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:37 am

ahhhh, would've been a nice CX build if it was the case… 26" wheeler it is :)

User avatar
utedeej
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby utedeej » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:56 am

vaeske wrote:ahhhh, would've been a nice CX build if it was the case… 26" wheeler it is :)


650b wheels would fit well i reckon but i'm not going to overinvest in it :) I've got some old 26" 9spd wheels and might turn it into a 1x9 with drop bars.

User avatar
singlespeedscott
Posts: 4912
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 pm

utedeej wrote:
vaeske wrote:ahhhh, would've been a nice CX build if it was the case… 26" wheeler it is :)


650b wheels would fit well i reckon but i'm not going to overinvest in it :) I've got some old 26" 9spd wheels and might turn it into a 1x9 with drop bars.

A Nitto Dirt Drop bar and stem would look awesome with big fat 26" tyres.
Image

User avatar
utedeej
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby utedeej » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
utedeej wrote:
vaeske wrote:ahhhh, would've been a nice CX build if it was the case… 26" wheeler it is :)


650b wheels would fit well i reckon but i'm not going to overinvest in it :) I've got some old 26" 9spd wheels and might turn it into a 1x9 with drop bars.

A Nitto Dirt Drop bar and stem would look awesome with big fat 26" tyres.


I've actually got a WTB dirt drop but it is 31.8, so i'd have to put an extender on, then use a ahead stem.

I'm liking the fat tyres idea. (while still saying to himself don't overcapitalize, don't overcapitalize...............)

User avatar
singlespeedscott
Posts: 4912
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 pm

utedeej wrote:I've actually got a WTB dirt drop but it is 31.8, so i'd have to put an extender on, then use a ahead stem.

I'm liking the fat tyres idea. (while still saying to himself don't overcapitalize, don't overcapitalize...............)

Dont use an aheadset adapter dodge. Scout around on eBay and find an old Nitto made 1" dirt drop riser stem, with a 26mm clamp, and a set of RM-13 Dirt drop bars.

I got a Specialised branded Nitto dirt drop stem, with the canti cable hanger hole :D , and some RM-13 bars for under $100.

Here they are setup on my commuter

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
utedeej
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: Bianchi Appreciation Society

Postby utedeej » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
utedeej wrote:I've actually got a WTB dirt drop but it is 31.8, so i'd have to put an extender on, then use a ahead stem.

I'm liking the fat tyres idea. (while still saying to himself don't overcapitalize, don't overcapitalize...............)

Dont use an aheadset adapter dodge. Scout around on eBay and find an old Nitto made 1" dirt drop riser stem, with a 26mm clamp, and a set of RM-13 Dirt drop bars.

I got a Specialised branded Nitto dirt drop stem, with the canti cable hanger hole :D , and some RM-13 bars for under $100.

Here they are setup on my commuter

Image

Image


Aah, very nice setup. I know what to look out for now, and think i have a stem that will work well.

Thanks for the offer, but did you see my don't overcapitalize remark :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lunar_c, WyvernRH