Falcon vintage

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Falcon vintage

Postby LeonFalcon » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:03 am

Hi guys,

After seeing the Tour de France 2008 on tele, I realised that somewhere in my garage-dungeon there is a race-bike I haven't used for some 10 years. I got it out, cleaned it a bit, put pressure in the tyres and started cycling again. Since I bought the bike 30 years ago, I had no idea what brand it was. It turned out to be a Falcon, and that's why I'm here. There is an enamel decal on the fronttube saying "Falcon designed by Ernie Clements" with a falcon and the Olympic rings. I would like to determine the bike and found this forum googling around. Maybe one of you can give some clue based on the S/N C 49452. If you like I can post some pics of the bike.

Thnx,

Léon, the Netherlands
LeonFalcon

by BNA » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:42 am

BNA

Postby fixie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:42 am

English frame. Falcon had their own professional racing team in the 1970's.

The top of the line was the San Remo, a well built racing frame. Finish in powder blue, chrome forks and sometimes chromed rear triangle.

There was a complete range of models at every price point.
Can you post a picture? What colour is yours?

They were sold as complete bikes and you could I think buy the frame alone. San Remo had top of the line Campagnolo.
fixie

Postby rogerrabbit » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:59 am

I have a Falcon San Remo, and there are pics posted on another thread in this forum. The higher end frames had a flat wraparound of the seat stays, while the lower models had a round wraparound section (there are probably exceptions.

Mine was originally a dark blue metallic, but is now the more typical light blue.
rogerrabbit

Return to Retro biking