Identify this frame

hachi

Identify this frame

Postby hachi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct section to be posting this but here it goes..

So I picked up this bike today practically free that looks to have been repainted with some avanti stickers slapped over the top. I've had a bit of a look but can't seem to find any identification and was wondering if anyone here could help? Thanks.

Parts:

Brooks leather saddle
Compe stem
Nervar cranks
Williams sprocket?
Front hub has "pacy." Printed with a worn sticker on the rim that looks to be the start and end of an Italian word.
Rear hub has "BH AIRLITE made in England" printed.
Have yet to take off bar tape to check brand yet.

silverlight

Re: Identify this frame

Postby silverlight » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi
I would say your frame could date as far back to the 1930's it has similar lugs to a frame I own called AMI.
If my memory serves me well I believe AMI are Sydney or NSW manufactured back during those years,
I'm unsure of the front hub " Pacy" but the rear is most likely original as is the saddle however the Avanti stickers definitely not, check the rear of the chain-ring for a date code it could be the original one, unsure nervar would be.
You could try to rub back some of that paint to see if it reveals a name, common practice to paint over bikes ( we all did it as kids )
Its a wonderful frame, definitely worthy to do up,

SL