PETE CORBIN TANDEM

Graeme.G

PETE CORBIN TANDEM

Postby Graeme.G » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:00 am

Hi all. I have a retro tandem Pete Corbin. Paint appears to be original dark green paint with yellow decals. It’s running XT shimano 7 speed and diacompe centre pull brakes. All parts, except seats, seat pole rear and rear wheel appear to be original, and stamped ‘made in JAPAN’. The bike is labeled made in AMERICA. Can anyone provide any info of likely manufacture year and anything about the builder. Internet seems scant on details.

WyvernRH

Re: PETE CORBIN TANDEM

Postby WyvernRH » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

Graeme.G wrote:Hi all. I have a retro tandem Pete Corbin. Paint appears to be original dark green paint with yellow decals. It’s running XT shimano 7 speed and diacompe centre pull brakes. All parts, except seats, seat pole rear and rear wheel appear to be original, and stamped ‘made in JAPAN’. The bike is labeled made in AMERICA. Can anyone provide any info of likely manufacture year and anything about the builder. Internet seems scant on details.
Since it's all ben very quiet I'll add this scrap of here-say.
I seem to recall hearing of Pete Corbin as working out of Sydney many years ago?
IIRC I have seen a solo down there when we were on a charity run sometime... All very circumstantial...

From the description could it be a TREK branded up with the shop name?

Richard

Resg

Re: PETE CORBIN TANDEM

Postby Resg » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:02 am

I have a Corbin tandem matching a similar description - British racing green with yellow decals. 26" wheels, and frame says that it's Reynolds tubing. Shimano groupset and cantilever brakes. It's been in the garage for several years and is in the process of being built up; just waiting on parts to arrive.

Richard
"There is nothing whatsoever that is not made easier with acquaintance" - Santideva