Please help identify my bike! Concorde 10?!

dj-rider

Please help identify my bike! Concorde 10?!

Postby dj-rider » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Hey guys,

I've been recently taken an interest in retro bikes and have been wanting to find some bikes and begin a few restoration projects.
The other day I picked up a Raleigh Scorpio and an unknown bike. This unknown bike has a green frame that has begun to fade and has some surface rust. The decals on the bike have been scratched but are 'Concorde' decals. Some of the decals say 'Concorde 10' on them. I don't think that this bike is the Dutch Concorde brand as there is a sticker on the back of the seat tube that says made by Hanimex, Brookvale NSW. However the serial number on the frame of the bike doesn't match up with the serial number on this sticker. After a quick google of Hanimex and Concorde 10 I haven't really been able to find any useful information, so I thought I'd ask the good people of this forum if they had any clue about the bike?

I've taken a few photos of the bike (pretty poor quality though) however I don't actually know how to upload them?

Thanks, hope you guys can help!

dj-rider

Re: Please help identify my bike! Concorde 10?!

Postby dj-rider » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Oh and the bike has Suntour components

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 am

Concorde was a popular bike name - Apollo and Europa both sold Concorde models. Apollo is more likely
Anything you can do, I can do slower

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:54 am

dj-rider

Postby dj-rider » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Ah okay, thanks! I don't think it's an Apollo as there are no Apollo decals or anything - and the Apollo Concorde's that I have seen are different....but it might be!

And thanks for the link!