Postby Lots of steel bikes » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Black Lightning

CAAD3 Saeco

CAAD3 R800

MultiSport 2000

NASHIE

Re: A collection of Cannondales

Postby NASHIE » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:09 pm

Nice, The black lightning takes me back to the 80s and reading Bike magazines with all the cannondale bike ads for some reason. And gezz that multisport wasn't built for looks.

march83

Postby march83 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 am

When I was in high school i did work experience at the local bike shop. must have been about '98 and while i was there we built up a CAD3 saeco. I was a mountain biker, this roadie stuff was boring but that bike was so hot...

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:44 am

Nice. But I thought the collective noun for Cannondales was crack ;)
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:21 am

Nice collection 'Lots'.

I must admit that I too am drawn to the Saeco model too. I think Mario Cippollini may have something to do with that.

I've always wanted a Cannondale since they hit our shores in the late 80's (from memory). A local bikeshop owner got one from the first batch to arrive here. It was blue with fat tubes and I couldn't get over how light it felt. It had a Shimano Dura ace groupset on it and it just looked so modern. Was it an R500????? I can't remember.

I have thought, over the past half dozen years that 2nd hand Cannondales were quite reasonably priced and have been quite tempted but nothing's happened as yet. Now, I think the price of these Cannondales seems to be increasing. Perhaps I will never own one. Oh well, it's nice to look at your collection. Thanks 'Lots'.

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 am

bychosis wrote:Nice. But I thought the collective noun for Cannondales was crack ;)
I've always known them as "cracknfails"

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Given the evidence in this thread and the carbon one its clearly time to change your handle.

Lots of nice bikes would work :D
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 pm

tallywhacker wrote:
bychosis wrote:Nice. But I thought the collective noun for Cannondales was crack ;)
I've always known them as "cracknfails"
I’ve also heard them being called “crack n fail”. I looked into how it became a commonly used term. It seems Cannondales had no more failures than any other aluminium bike at the time but the amusing rhyme stuck with people and is still used. It was mainly the mountain bikes that failed.

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:50 pm

find_bruce wrote:Given the evidence in this thread and the carbon one its clearly time to change your handle.

Lots of nice bikes would work :D
I was thinking of changing my username awhile ago. Is it possible? Couldn’t see where to do it in my profile. Would it mean creating a new account?

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Lots of steel bikes wrote:It was mainly the mountain bikes that failed.
That’s where I heard it from, I have no knowledge of cracknfails in roadies! Still despite the name and reputation there’s a couple of models of vintage MTB I’d like to get my hands on - if I had more space/time/cash. Could never get the lefty fork, but headshock was interesting and the super V’s.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

rokwiz

Postby rokwiz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Very nice Cannondales you have, I to have a collection of Cannondales only all of mine are mountain bikes older than 20 years. I can remember lusting after the first Super V 2000 that Mountain Designs were selling back in 1992.
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D Diderot 1752

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:30 pm

rokwiz wrote:Very nice Cannondales you have, I to have a collection of Cannondales only all of mine are mountain bikes older than 20 years. I can remember lusting after the first Super V 2000 that Mountain Designs were selling back in 1992.
Like this one?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brighto ... 1176954741