My Saddles

GaryF

My Saddles

Postby GaryF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 pm

After about 50 years of cycling to work off and on, I have gravitated to quite a small number of different saddles.

1st Instalment:

This is a little discussion about the leather saddles I have owned:

I started out riding a Repco 3 speed semi-racer to work when I was an apprentice. The saddle was a Fleet brand saddle. It looked very similar to a Brooks B17 or this BSA saddle that is following this paragraph. The Fleet wasn't leather but the crafty Fleet company made it look a little like leather but was, in fact, some sort of plastic/vinyl. It came with the bike when I got it for Christmas when I was about 12 years of age. Now at 17 years old, I had to braze 2 steel seatposts together to get a good seat to pedal length. It wasn't all that uncomfortable but this small bike had to go.

The Fleet looked very similar to a Brooks B17 or this BSA saddle:

It you can imagine the BSA saddle, above, in black plastic but instead of where you see the BSA is embossed on the saddle skirt, that says 'Fleet', then that is the saddle. Remember the strap-on tool kits? I liked the idea of carrying my tools with me when I was a young guy but it was annoying to have it strapped to the saddle so it was usually off the bike.

My next few bikes all had Brooks B17's on them. These bikes included a Raleigh Carlton, Malvern Star, 5 Star track bike and a Bob Jackson Olympus, shown below:

I always felt comfortable on a Brooks B17 and have owned a number of them and had them on quite a few bikes:

One saddle I did find really comfortable was a B17 derivative; the B5N. I owned 2 B5N's over the years and often moved them from one bike to the next. The B5N has a perforated skirt edge that helps to prevent chafing of your inner thigh:

I think the thinner leather the B17's are made from, in comparison to the Brooks Professionals, are more comfortable initially but the do stretch more readily too. I've never worried about 'stretch' as this takes ages to be bothersome. I've also rubbed some sort of leather conditioner into the saddles to protect them. I think there are umpteen suggestions regarding leather conditioners out there but I think it's up to the individual as to what they use. There are probably many more leather saddles out there that go un-conditioned for ever.

I have also used Brooks Competition saddles and I love their look. I think they retain their shape better than the B17's and are just as comfortable but they do take a little longer to get used to. I like them with the leather trimmed off the nose of the saddle. I have one on my Fountain bike at the moment:

Probably my favourite looking Brooks saddle, that I have used, is the the good old Brooks Professional/Team Pro. Thick leather, big headed rivets and a chromed undercarriage are my likes. I have found these Professionals do take a fair bit of breaking in to get to that comfortable 'oneness'.

I have a couple of Brooks Professionals at the moment but one of them came from the Brooks factory, Pre softened and it says so on the saddle. It is not idle advertising, it was easier to get used to:

One other Brook saddle I have used is the narrow B17 that I have fitted to a couple of track bikes. Narrow they are but comfort on a track bike is not really a consideration - you're not on it for that long. I love the way they look:

Which leather saddle fits me the best?

Number one on the list - 2 Brooks saddles - can't separate them. The Brooks B5N and the Brooks Competition. Closely followed by the Brooks B17. Then the Brooks Professional range, even though visually they win hands down in my eyes.

Having ridden in awful conditions year after year, the Brooks saddles have to be looked after. I always travelled with a couple of plastic bags to cover the saddle either while I have been riding on in the rain and mud, or if I have had to leave the bike for a little time in wet conditions.

2nd Instalment to come - The other saddles.

10speedsemiracer

Re: My Saddles

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:49 am

OK, not what I expected. Interesting though..
Mmm, SunTour

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:30 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:OK, not what I expected. Interesting though..

Saddles - a very personal thing.

2nd Instalment:

The very big problem with saddles is the fact that they are expensive and it's hard to find a bikeshop that will let you try a small range saddles out for at least a week each to find your best and most comfortable fit. It's really easy to waste quite a bit of money buying the wrong saddle. Lets face it, one of our usual reasons for collecting the odd bike is because it's a lot cheaper than collecting sports cars or motorbikes. From personal experience money is hard to come by and I simply can't afford wasting a significant amount of dollars on the wrong saddle.

I really started out with leather Brooks saddles which was lucke as they are quite comfortable for me. The trouble with leather is that it doesn't like long term wet conditions. It's much more practical to use plastic shelled saddles even though they might be leather covered. Fortunately the leather covering is usually held in place securely and if it gets wet it usually dries out without distorting and in reasonable time.

In the 80's I was riding from one town to another and came across another rider. He had a a new looking saddle with TURBO embossed across the back of it. I was on a Brooks B17 and looking to spend a bit on a new, more user friendly saddle so we discussed his Turbo. He was happy with it so later on that week I took my saved cash to the local bike shop and bought a Turbo saddle. To help me feel OK with my purchase the saddles had 'Bernard Hinault' embossed on both sides of the saddle's nose.

I fitted the saddle to my Malvern Star, 5 star track bike, then my everyday commuter. It was reasonably comfortable but not as comfortable as my B17. It was a little tiring and uncomfortable after a long ride but I thought that must be normal, I rode the Turbo for about 3 years. It was pretty good, so I thought. At this time I had one or two bikes with cheap saddles and they didn't compare to the Turbo.

After that three years I bought another complete bike and it was sporting a Rolls saddle. I loved the gold bling on the saddle and I knew they were expensive so I was keen to give it a go.

Well! I thought it was much better than my Turbo. After riding it for a few weeks I was sold. This was my new brand of saddle. Long distance rides were much more comfortable and I was less tired after a long ride too. I looked for secondhand Rolls saddles to buy and fitted as many as I could to my growing fleet of bikes.

In the mean time I was accumulating Cinelli Unicanitor's of all types. I had plastic ones on my track bikes and wet weather bike and leather covered Unicanitor's on a couple of other bikes. I found them pretty comfortable; a little between the Turbo and the Rolls. Even the plastic Unicanitor's were OK to ride so I was happy to have them on my bikes. I usually came across them ws part of a bike buying deal but I did by a new one for my Cinelli Supercorsa.

Another passion of mine is Campagnolo components. I really had to have a Campagnolo Electra pneumatic saddle to go with a Campagnolo C-Record groupset. I found one at a reasonably high price in my local bikeshop. I bought it. Since then I have come across another two which I snapped up. Big money though. They both had me sweating handing over the cash for these Electra's.

The Electra's have an air bladder which I have never used - ever. This is to enhance their comfort. Un-inflated, they are a little like a Turbo to ride but that is not their function - they are show-off saddles. I have only fitted them to my rarely ridden and show-off bikes.

Another iconic saddle I have is the Flite saddle with the Titanium frame. It looks a bit like a Concord Jet airliner - very adventurous for the 90's. I have a standard version and an Alpes version. Both are reasonably comfortable like my Turbo's.

I thought I had gone as far as I could with my saddles until one day when I bought an old bike, in the early 2000's, with a Concor saddle on it. The Concor was a revelation for my butt. I loved it, so did my butt.

It was out with the Rolls and in with the Concor's. There are a few different Concor models, Supercorsa, Profil and Confort. I like them all and have them all. They have been around since the late 70's (I think) and it was now the early 2000's and I have only just discovered them - incredible! Where had they been for the past 20 years? For me they were very comfortable for all my riding requirements.

New, the Concor's were slightly cheaper than the Rolls or the Turbo and some of them have been expensive for me to buy, but, when you find that one saddle that suits you, well, you have to have it.

It really took me many years to determine my saddle of choice, but, in the end, it was worth it. I knew Concor's existed way back when, but I couldn't afford the expense of buying and trying at the time. Looking back, I wonder if it may have been worth the initial outlay of purchasing a range of saddles to discover my best fit? Oh well, that never happened.

My top 6 leaderboard for comfort and fit:

1 Concor

2 Brooks B5N and Brooks Competition

3 Brooks B17

4 Brooks Professional and Rolls

5 Unicanitor

6 Turbo, Flite and Campy Electra
Last edited by GaryF on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm

GaryF wrote:I thought I had gone as far as I could with my saddles until one day when I bought an old bike, in the early 2000's, with a Concor saddle on it. The Concor was a revelation for my butt. I loved it, so did my butt.

Amen.

I recovered a Concor Supercorsa that the leather had basically worn through to nothing. While I'm far from opening a saddlery, I was pretty happy with the result.

I'm also a big fan of the San Marco Regal, but maybe because I just love how they look. :D

I put a Turbo on my daily rider, at first it felt like a brick, but now I quite like it. I haven't tried as many saddles as you though, Gary. Never sat on a Brooks, for example.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:29 pm

I love my Prooks Pro's and B17N saddles. Very comfy even for 24hrs.

I have a Brooks Colt on my singlespeed mtb. I am sure the thing was carved from granite. All my Brooks saddles have been comfy from the get go but the Colt has taken a long time to shape to my butt. Its alright now but it certainly isn't as good as the Pro's and the Narrows. Its most redeeming quality, as too my other Brooks saddles, is that when you have a spill the saddle is not ripped like a plastic saddle. Other then a few scrapes, which to give them character, they are fine.

I tried a Turbo but could never get comfy on it. It felt like a rolling pin jammed up my butt.

I have had 2 Flites. Not to bad in the comfort stakes but I found the rails too easy to bend, so both ended up in the bin as a result.

The most comfortable plastic saddles I have found are the WTB Rocket V and the good old Selle San Marco Super Corsa. I think its the shape of them. Side on they have the same comfy hammock shape of a well worn Brooks.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:29 pm

P!N20 wrote:
GaryF wrote:I thought I had gone as far as I could with my saddles until one day when I bought an old bike, in the early 2000's, with a Concor saddle on it. The Concor was a revelation for my butt. I loved it, so did my butt.

Amen.

I recovered a Concor Supercorsa that the leather had basically worn through to nothing. While I'm far from opening a saddlery, I was pretty happy with the result.

I'm also a big fan of the San Marco Regal, but maybe because I just love how they look. :D

I put a Turbo on my daily rider, at first it felt like a brick, but now I quite like it. I haven't tried as many saddles as you though, Gary. Never sat on a Brooks, for example.

Since discovering Concor's I'm really amazed at the number of people who love them. No wonder I can't easily come by the odd second hand Concor anymore. Perhaps i'll have to follow your lead and start recovering them? Hahaha - I really don't think I could recover a saddle as you did - very talented PIN20, that must be the type of job that not very many people could accomplish successfully.

I have never tried a Regal but i've read that they have quite a following too. I suppose I ignored them because it was just another expense I could do without, and, my Rolls (at that time) did the job to my satisfaction. I agree that their looks are very attractive and they do suit classic bikes.

As for the Turbo, I'm glad you find them comfy. Just goes to show, everyone is different.

Thanks PIN20.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm

You you can still buy the Concor Super Corsa Gary.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:50 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:I love my Prooks Pro's and B17N saddles. Very comfy even for 24hrs.

I have a Brooks Colt on my singlespeed mtb. I am sure the thing was carved from granite. All my Brooks saddles have been comfy from the get go but the Colt has taken a long time to shape to my butt. Its alright now but it certainly isn't as good as the Pro's and the Narrows. Its most redeeming quality, as too my other Brooks saddles, is that when you have a spill the saddle is not ripped like a plastic saddle. Other then a few scrapes, which to give them character, they are fine.

I tried a Turbo but could never get comfy on it. It felt like a rolling pin jammed up my butt.

I have had 2 Flites. Not to bad in the comfort stakes but I found the rails too easy to bend, so both ended up in the bin as a result.

The most comfortable plastic saddles I have found are the WTB Rocket V and the good old Selle San Marco Super Corsa. I think its the shape of them. Side on they have the same comfy hammock shape of a well worn Brooks.

Interesting about the Brooks Colt - even the manufacturer of some great saddles can't please every butt out there. That was a good point you highlighted about the crash-worthiness of a leather saddle. they do stand up to a hard life in that regard.

I never thought about the rails on Flite saddles. I can understand that this might be the Flite's weak point. Too expensive to end up in the bin but there's nothing else you could possibly do to fix the problem - they will continue to bend even after straightening them out.

I've found a couple of reasonably comfortable plastic saddles but I've never come across the two you mention. The moulded shape would definitely have something to do with their comfort.

Thanks for your experiences singlespeedscott.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:You you can still buy the Concor Super Corsa Gary.

Yes I've seen them advertised. I suppose they should be exactly the same as the originals. Have you tried one?

Uncle Just

Postby Uncle Just » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 pm

I've used Flites since about '93. Had quite a few of various types and now just about every bike I own has one but I've never bent the rails. I think iirc I snapped a rail once possibly because I had it setback too far. The other issue I experienced on a couple of Flites was the leather wearing away at the nose of the saddle so I had one recovered in kangaroo leather. Pricy but he did a great job. Time will tell if it was worth it.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Uncle Just wrote:

I've used Flites since about '93. Had quite a few of various types and now just about every bike I own has one but I've never bent the rails. I think iirc I snapped a rail once possibly because I had it setback too far. The other issue I experienced on a couple of Flites was the leather wearing away at the nose of the saddle so I had one recovered in kangaroo leather. Pricy but he did a great job. Time will tell if it was worth it.

I really like the look of the Flite saddles and I think they are the iconic 90's saddle. Unfortunately they are not that comfortable for my butt, but, then again, they are not too bad either. Like you, I know some riders that swear by them.

Your Kangaroo leather covered Flite must look fantastic. I never knew that recovering saddles was something you could get done. As for the wear on the nose, I have sometimes come across a secondhand Flite and quite often the lettering on the nose flanks is worn off.

It would make a great photo to line your Flite saddled bikes up in a row and take a shot looking along the saddles. All the same futuristic shape and all at the same height.

Thanks Uncle Just.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:45 am

GaryF wrote:. I never knew that recovering saddles was something you could get done.

Busyman's recovering of Flite saddles
And kangaroo leather is an excellent choice

Uncle Just

Postby Uncle Just » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:54 am

Your Kangaroo leather covered Flite must look fantastic. I never knew that recovering saddles was something you could get done. As for the wear on the nose, I have sometimes come across a secondhand Flite and quite often the lettering on the nose flanks is worn off.

It would make a great photo to line your Flite saddled bikes up in a row and take a shot looking along the saddles. All the same futuristic shape and all at the same height.

My recovered Flite is very simple in comparison to the tooled/embossed recovered Flites that Clydesdale Scot linked. As I said he's not cheap but it was an indulgence and I wanted to see how it worked out. (I tried to recover one but I fell at the first hurdle... couldn't get the leather off without pock marking the underlying foam! ) Mick from Busyman is an interesting guy with some great bikes and imo very talented with a full order book. He has obviously tapped deep into the bespoke market where folk do not baulk at paying maybe 3 or 4 x what the original saddle may have cost for that special design. But if you are paying perhaps 12-20K and beyond for a Baum, Speedvagen etc then it's not so much. :shock: People from around the world have their saddles /bar tape done by him now.

I would take some pics Gary but I am embarrassed to admit I have tried several times to post on this site from my pics but it has defeated me. I do not have anyone these days between 12-35 who is tech savvy enough to assist me as they've left home and live o/s. :lol:

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:13 am

Here are some pictures of the Supercorsa I recovered - not Busyman level, but it certainly extended the life this saddle.

Before:

After:

I covered it with a scrap bit of leather from a car upholstery place. The old leather came off pretty easily. You can see a few wrinkles near the back, they smoothed out a bit with my bumb on it, but it's far from perfect. I think the leather I used was somewhat thicker than what Mr Marco used. The nose was the hardest bit to do, there's like a whole bunch of leather you have to somehow smooth around a tight radius. I should get a picture of it now, the black has kind of worn to a grey along the sides - probably because I ride in jeans a lot :D Looks quite good, actually. Matches my rat fixie frame.

If anyone's interested I did a bit of a 'how to' over at FoA: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=32146
Last edited by P!N20 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am

Clydesdale Scot wrote:
GaryF wrote:. I never knew that recovering saddles was something you could get done.

Busyman's recovering of Flite saddles
And kangaroo leather is an excellent choice

All I can say is WOW! those resurfaced Flites look amazing. My daughter uses the word 'amazing' to describe everything and the word has lost it's impact, but the work on those saddles is truely amazing.

Thanks Clydesdale Scot, your wealth of knowledge is amazing too. Much appreciated.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 am

Uncle Just wrote:

My recovered Flite is very simple in comparison to the tooled/embossed recovered Flites that Clydesdale Scot linked. As I said he's not cheap but it was an indulgence and I wanted to see how it worked out. (I tried to recover one but I fell at the first hurdle... couldn't get the leather off without pock marking the underlying foam! ) Mick from Busyman is an interesting guy with some great bikes and imo very talented with a full order book. He has obviously tapped deep into the bespoke market where folk do not baulk at paying maybe 3 or 4 x what the original saddle may have cost for that special design. But if you are paying perhaps 12-20K and beyond for a Baum, Speedvagen etc then it's not so much. :shock: People from around the world have their saddles /bar tape done by him now.

I would take some pics Gary but I am embarrassed to admit I have tried several times to post on this site from my pics but it has defeated me. I do not have anyone these days between 12-35 who is tech savvy enough to assist me as they've left home and live o/s. :lol:

I put my photos on imgur

After a few posts it was easy to use imgur. https://imgur.com/

Then become a member - I think it was a simple process by just filling in a form.

Tip: (Once you get your particular page on imgur, just keep it in your bookmark list on your computer so it opens to your page when you want it.)

To add a photo to imgur:

1 I put my photo that I want to save to imgur on my computers desk top - at or near the top of the screen.
2 I open up my imgur page.
3 As I'm now a member I click on my member name at the top RH side of the screen to reveal a list. At the top of the list is 'images' I click on that. (Note: Sometimes my page opens up to my photographs anyway and I don't have to do this step)
4 I look for the "Add Images" green button on the new open window and click on that button.
5 I put my curser on the top of the imgur page and drag the imgur page down so I can see the photo icon on my desk top page.
6 I then go to the photo on my desk top and click and hold the image with my curser and drag the image to the imgur page to where it says to 'add that image'.

Imgur goes to work saving the photo to your library.

To post your photo on Bicycles Network forum. In a thread you are adding to:

1 When you are typing up a reply and want to add an image you need to open imgur on a new window and go to your photo in the library of your images.
2 With your curser over the image you want to use, clic on the photo to open the photo up.
3 once the photo is opened up you will see a bigger version of the photo with a list of ways you cam use that photo in other things. Look for the one that says"Linked BBCode" and then click on the copy button. This will save tour photo so you can transfer the photo to the bicycles forum.

4 Go back to the bicycles forum page, to where you're typing your message and simply put your curser in the position you want your photo to appear. Then click in that position.
5 I then go to the top of the screen and click on Edit, then go down to Paste and the link from imgur will post in your typed message you are composing.

You will only actually see your photo when it is posted within the thread later on.

There are faster / shorter ways to do this but this makes sense to me. Best of luck if you do try.

,,,,,or kidnap a tech savvy kid and let them show you!

I'd love to see your photo Flite saddle by the way.
Last edited by GaryF on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:54 am

Hi PIN20,

The Supercorsa looks like a new saddle! you did a fantastic job. Talk about talented!!!! You must be a very patent person too. With the thicker leather it will probably be better than new too.

Thanks for the photos and the helpful link. Your "how to" page is really, really well laid out with great photos and easy explanations of the steps involved. Congratulations on a super helpful posting of your experience.

I do have a very tatty Concor that I'm now considering for a makeover but am I gutsy enough to tackle it like you did??? Scary stuff.
Last edited by GaryF on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:01 am

^ Thanks Gary, the hardest part of things like that is finding time with two young kids!

Check out the Concors that Busyman has done: http://busymanbicycles.blogspot.com.au/search?q=+concor

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:10 am

P!N20 wrote:^ Thanks Gary, the hardest part of things like that is finding time with two young kids!

Check out the Concors that Busyman has done: http://busymanbicycles.blogspot.com.au/search?q=+concor

You're good but he is ridiculous! I think one of his re-skinned saddles would be worth it's weight in gold (or nearly so).

I laughed out of guilt when I read that you had two young children and found time to re-skin the saddle and then found time to pass on tour experience to others. Absolutely, well done and thanks. Considering your load as a father, I have nothing to complain about.

I've now saved your how to re-skin page in my favourites list.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:41 pm

From Uncle Just (me helping out with the images)
The black saddle is a Flite and the red one is a Sella Italia SLR XP, both done in kangaroo leather and without any embossing.
Simple but effective. The SLR is now on my Gellie road bike.

This beloved Flite was the red kevlar sided model that I used originally for Mtbing but I held on to it way past it’s use by date held together with duct tape!
I tried to recover it but the leather was so hard to get off I damaged the foam and Mick couldn’t repair it.
Pic taken in Samos 2014, a beautiful island overlooking Turkey.

This Flite I purchased from BNA member and is covered in a cloth fabric. I’d never seen one done like this before. Bit like the material used on the Brooks Cambrium.
He said he couldn’t get comfy on it but I like it. If another Flite needs recovering I’ll have it done in white and fit it to this bike.

Uncle Just

Postby Uncle Just » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks again Clydesdale Scot. :)

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Both the Flite and the SLR look brand new. I am so impressed with the skills some people have to be able to do such a great job re-covering a saddle with all their three dimensional curves. Do you think they are better than their new condition? Another question: Did the recovering change the feel of the saddles? From what I can see, Simple but effective is an appropriate description.

I laughed when I saw your method of keeping the Flite with the red kevlar wings going well beyond it's use by date. 'Duct tape' - should be present in everyone's tool kit.

I've seen the Brooks Cambrium in photos and know what the covering material looks like and know what you are talking about.Interesting to read the original owner couldn't get comfortable on it - the material must have changed the saddles comfort feel for him. I think white saddles look really smart but it's hard to keep them looking good.

Thanks Uncle Just and Clydesdale Scot for showing me the recovered saddles as I am really amazed that this is actually possible with such outstanding results.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:16 pm

and my latest work in progress

for the Blue Riband

Uncle Just

Postby Uncle Just » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Yes Gary definitely they are and better than brand new imo. As you can see from the photo he even made the Selle Italia ID from the rear of the seat into a key fob for me. The SLR is a narrow, hard saddle with a bit of extra padding and like the Flites I mentioned the original leather wore badly around the nose and on the left side. It takes a few miles, ok more than a few to get to used to it but is now a better saddle imo. Mick told me that it should last a fair bit longer before it wears. I still haven't fitted the recovered Flite permanently to any bike I own but have ridden for say a few hundred kms and it was good. I think my Flites were wearing away the leather on the nose due to an old injury that displaced my left hip/ lower back so there was an imbalance as I pedalled. Having seen an excellent physio over the past few years I believe the exercises he gave me have somewhat helped to alleviate that condition. I haven't therefore noticed the same wear on other newer Flites so far.

Re the cloth covered Flite I believe the original owner had it on a fixie and maybe the continuous up down motion caused the discomfort. It's different and looks good but I would ultimately like a white leather Flite. That bike is a Sunday only bike anyway. :)

I am rabbiting on a bit about Flites but I just like the comfort and the classic shape. As do many Brooks aficionados! :lol: When I first saw the Flite it just appealed so much to me. A timeless classic.
I have seen a suede covered Flite and I'd really love one of them. 8)

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 pm

I have to agree Uncle Just, the shape of the Flite is probably my favourite visually.

I thought the re-covered saddles might give more or longer service and they look fantastic. I know I am lopsided when I ride so it's impressive that you, with a serious injury history, have made progress with your regular visits to a Physio.

I really like the white saddle look too and a white saddle on your Sunday bike sounds perfect.