Repco superlite

Rapha88

Repco superlite

Postby Rapha88 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi guys
I have a Repco superlite road bike Aqua Blue and white looks ike a 70s model, still rides pretty smoothly just needs a service and some TLC.
My question is what would it be worth ?
Cheers

10speedsemiracer

Re: Repco superlite

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:39 am

Rapha88 wrote:Hi guys
I have a Repco superlite road bike Aqua Blue and white looks ike a 70s model, still rides pretty smoothly just needs a service and some TLC.
My question is what would it be worth ?
Cheers
Like this ?

which probably has Shimano Exage bits on it (I had one) and is around the late 80s. Have a look at Gumtree and eBay for similar bikes, and there's your approx market value.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

Clydesdale Scot

Re: Repco superlite

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:05 am

it appears you missed reading this
Welcome Retro Riders... Please Read First

some of the points in there
Previous threads/search: There are many topics already covered in previous threads. Please use the Forums search engine to see if the topic has previously been discussed. If it has been covered and you want to get further information, please use that thread rather than starting a new one.
Words and Photos: If you want a question answered or show what you have, please have both words and photos. Both are important.
If it is a question about a frame, look for any frame numbers and give it as well as where it is found on the frame.
Good Photos: Well lit and sharply focused images are needed, so other readers can see what you are discussing.

Make it worth reading: Regular Retro members have a wide range of knowledge. The best way of getting them to share that knowledge is by giving the background to the bike, or component, any known history and what your plans are for it.
Valuations: Members are not in a position to put a value on bikes or components. The market (ie ebay or Gumtree or the BNA Marketplace) is the best for that. It really depends on matching the buyers wants, after taking into account location and the condition. If you look like you are trying to get background to prepare an advert, don’t be surprised if there are few responses.