Colnago Oval CX

mickvalerius

Colnago Oval CX

Postby mickvalerius » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi. New to this forum and just wanted to know if anyone knows if there is a market for old vintage Colnago frames?
I have a 1980s Colnago Oval CX frame with same vintage Campag Chorus cranks and derailleurs.
If this is not the appropriate forum for these type of queries my apologies in advance but Id appreciate any advice that would point me in the right direction
Cheers
Mick

P!N20

Re: Colnago Oval CX

Postby P!N20 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:13 am

^ Not really. I'll give you $50 to take it off your hands.

Jokes aside: yes, vintage Colnagos are quite desirable, but in contrast to what Gumtree and ebay sellers would have you believe, that doesn't necessarily equate to a high dollar value. The vintage bike market is quite finicky and all depends on model, condition, size, componentry, etc.

Your best bet is to post an ad in the market place section of the forum with plenty of photos and a realistic price and see how you go. You could also do the same on ebay or Gumtree, but be prepared for inane questions and lowball offers.

Last thing: there are a lot of fake Colnagos (Fauxnagos) getting around, so make sure yours is legit.

Mods: can you move to the retro section?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Welcome outside Mick. As P!N20 noted 80s bikes best fit in the retro forum & I have moved it here.

There is lots of useful advice in Welcome Retro Riders... Please Read First, in particular the bits about words and photos.
Words and Photos: If you want a question answered or show what you have, please have both words and photos. Both are important.
If it is a question about a frame, look for any frame numbers and give it as well as where it is found on the frame.

Good Photos: Well lit and sharply focused images are needed, so other readers can see what you are discussing. Images need to be hosted online and the image linked with an image tag as explained in this thread. If you have trouble posting Flickr images look here. Images hosted on Facebook don’t work.

Please limit the photos to a max of 800 pixels wide in your post. If you want to show a larger size, you can give a link to the larger image. There are no minimum posts requirements to post images. They are able to be inserted in your first post.

Make it worth reading: Regular Retro members have a wide range of knowledge. The best way of getting them to share that knowledge is by giving the background to the bike, or component, any known history and what your plans are for it.
In terms of posting in the marketplace, please not the forum rules
Posting Items for sale
• You need min. 10 (real) posts and min. 7 days membership before you are eligible to post an item for sale in the "Market Place"
The only exception is if you ask and given permission from a moderator.
• Abide by the "Rules for Posting" in the Market Place
Anything you can do, I can do slower

lubatti73

Postby lubatti73 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:11 am

Hello available the colnago oval cx I would be interested

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 pm

lubatti73 wrote:Hello available the colnago oval cx I would be interested
Seeing as the OP only posted once, it would probably be worth sending them a PM so at least they get an e-mail notification.