Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
So, not quite sure I want to do this yet, but nonetheless;
This is my Cecil Walker track bike, in the most resplendent purple/orange 90's-inspired colour scheme you will ever see. Fact.
Built from Reynolds 853 tubing, 57cm square (I think, will be double checking TT length). As pictured it has a Dura ace 7400 headset, unknown stem, beat up (scratched) cinelli criteriums (I believe), Suntour superbe cranks and dura ace high flange track hubs (!! - 7500 series). Generally paint work is good, somewhere around 8/10, with a few scratches etc etc. To be honest, I think this has only been ridden EXTREMELY lightly, but accumulated a reasonable amount of 'garage wear'. Also - the downtube/seatube are ovalized! As in they meet the bottom bracket with an oval profile, which is seriously wicked, as I believe this modification done by the builder, I don't think you can order tubes from Reynolds this way (please correct me if I'm wrong).
I will be taking better detail photos when I have the bike in front of me again, probably tomorrow, but as a guide I would follow this;
- Suntour superbe chainset is probably 6-7/10. Plenty of small scratches, but no heel rub.
- Dura ace high flange track hubs both spin wonderfully, and as far as condition goes, are extremely good, probably 9/10
- Neither rim looks like it has seen a brake. Both are tubular, but mismatched. They came to me that way. The rear is a (lovely) Fiamme red label rim, which looks fantastic and, based on my quick experiment, will polish up to a mirror-finish very quickly. The front is similarly good condition, but a bit drab for the bike IMO. If I were you I would source another Fiamme, or similar and build up the front hub with that, then it would be ripping.
- Tubs are 23mm Vittoria corsa CX tyres, ridden probably 2000-3000km on my road race wheels. They're not glued, as I simply rolled them onto the rims so that I could replace the ghastly vittoria atlanta tubulars on there originally (ghastly: http://goo.gl/07kwhA ). Tubs are included for price of the bike.
- Stem and bar both a little scratched, but neither of them are crash-hot rare/expensive anyway
- Flite is original and NOT included, but if you want to wheel-and-deal on it, I will entertain offers.
- Pedals not included
- Seatpost is the only silver thing I could find in the house: scratched etc, would polish up fine but isn't anything special.
- Forks not drilled, clearances, especially on the front are tight (proper track!!!!), you wouldn't be getting much more than a 23mm tub on there.
This thing is wicked fun to ride, but I just can't justify having it at the moment. The geometry is proper, and the 853 steel feels fantastic - nice long headtube as well so that you can run deep drop track bars (not like the criteriums currently on there). With a few very very minor tweaks this would be perfect.
Please note also that I have a set of chainrings (a mix of sugino and campagnolo IIRC, I think ranging from approx 48-52, but will double check when I post more photos) that are included! Along with a spare cog (NJS stamped) and a chain cut to fit. This is literally ready to go - no messing around with parts on ebay trying to pick up proper era chainrings/cogs for stupid money.
Detailed pictures to come!
Looking for $1100 with shipping to your door (nearly) anywhere in Australia from Perth. Unless you're very remote, in which case let me know and I can quote (it will be cheap though). To be honest I really didn't know where to price this, given there is crazy money on these things out there, so really, let me know if my pricing is way out of line. If you want specific parts I will entertain offers via PM please. Perth locals will receive a discount based on not having to pay for shipping, but I haven't quite worked out exactly how much it will cost me to ship (and thus the discount) yet.
I will add also that I harbour a hope someone will make a nice offer on the parts so I can keep the frame... If you do have such an offer please fire away
Nitto Jag and Phillipe Franco (vintage NOS) black ano bars also for sale; together $150; otherwise 75/75 each
shes a beauty nick! needs a pic!
Jase strikes again! Thanks for that, someone of my generation really should know how to do that.
If that saddle is in good nick I'll make you a decent offer...
PM me your email Rich, I have some photos.
Ill just add that I'll take an OBO on this as well.
After having a chat to people who know far more about bikes than me (and whom I trust explicitly) I've decided to reduce the price - I think my attachment to this bike inflated it a bit for me
So $950 to your door. I personally think that's a smoking deal people.
Bahhhhmp. I need this gone to fund my sickening ebay addiction. Flick me an offer!
Will take offers on frame/components as well people.
Dump/final drop to $850 posted. After this is going to ebay or being parted out.
Oh man I'm so tempted even though its way too big for me. Someone pick this up! Incredible value
Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Cheers man, I think so too
Provisionally sold now.
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]