OLD RULES FOR POSTING HERE: All members please read

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

OLD RULES FOR POSTING HERE: All members please read

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:28 pm

THESE ARE THE OLD RULES WHICH HAVE EXPIRED - REFER TO THE NEW RULES

Are you wanting to post in the marketplace?
Please read through this and ensure your post complies with these requirements.

Posts that do not comply with these requirements will be deleted by moderators without notification. If you spot a thread in the marketplace that is incorrect, please report it to the mods using the report post icon Image. The increasing amount of activity in here means it can sometimes be difficult for moderators to review all threads.

1. Types of Posts allowed
This is a forum for private transactions only.
- No Commercial Posts: If you post commercially you will receive a permanent ban
- No posts for services or events.
- Only bicycle and bicycle related products are allowed.
- Australian offers only: Sale of bicycles / parts by vendors from other countries is not permitted here.
- No Ebay sales This is a market place and not a place to promote ebay auctions.
- Sale Formats: You must list a price, bargaining is ok if public (posting replies). Please do not bargain/haggle via PM. Auctions are no longer supported. Expression of interest (EOI) threads are not permitted.
- NEW No selling Multiple Identical Items unless you have mod approval, you need to ask and explain first

Any posts/offers in breach of the rules or deemed inappropriate will be removed by moderators without notification.

2. Minimum 10 valid posts & 7 days membership
New Here? Fewer than 10 valid posts?
If you are a new user, i.e. you have fewer than 10 valid posts and you have been registered for less than 7 days, you can't post a new WTT, WTS or GROUP BUY topic... members who post a WTS, WTT or GROUP BUY but have not met both of these benchmarks will have their post automatically deleted. The only exception is if you email or PM a moderator in advance and are given approval. Please note that approvals from now on will be given in exceptional circumstances only, and are at the discretion of the moderators/admin. If approval is granted, this must be stated as the first line of the listing. A record of approvals is kept, Attempts to mention that approval has been given where it has not or is still under review will result in a permanent ban.

New users may post WTB threads
New users may reply to existing topics

3. Replies and Discussion
In the marketplace is not appropriate to post criticism of the seller, the product or the price. If you are genuinely interested then questions about the condition and details are encouraged in the thread. Responses that solely aim to discredit the seller, the product or suggest that the price is inflated or the product can be purchased elsewhere for less are not acceptable (though it is fair to ask whether the price is negotiable or to make the seller an offer).

If you feel that an offer in the marketplace is a scam or misleading, please report the post and provide a short explanation so that a moderater can address this.

4. Structure of your Post
Post Title (subject)

If you want to buy a bike / parts, please name your topic:
WTB - [your location] - description
eg: WTB [MEL] - vintage track bike

If you want to sell a bike / parts, please name your topic:
WTS - [your location] - description
eg: WTS [MEL] - Ultegra Groupset
It is a good idea to include photo(s) of the item you are selling. You can upload the photo to a free hosting services (such as flickr) and link it. Keep it down to max. 3 photos, and ensure that they are not excessively large. 640x480 is recommended, 800x600 is also allowable.

If you want to trade / swap a bike / parts, please name your topic:
WTT - [your location] - description
eg: WTT [MEL] - Speedplay Pedals

If you wish to begin a Group Buy
GROUP BUY [your location] - description
eg: GROUP BUY [MEL] - Cool Stop Brake Pads

If you wish to pass on a tip to other members on a bargain you have spotted, please post it in this thread: Spotted a Bargain? Post it in here!

For location, your state or city must be entered. Your location must be entered into the title of all marketplace threads, regardless of whether you are willing to ship/post the item or not.

Post Content
For WTS threads, the first few lines also require particular formatting (must be duplicated for each item if multiple items are being listed):
Item: e.g. Fuji Roubaix Pro 2009 Road Bike
Price: $xxx
Postage Available:Yes/No
Details: put comments about size/colour/condition etc etc here

You can cut and paste the below code straight into your thread:
Code: Select all
[b]Item:[/b]
[b]Price:[/b]
[b]Postage Available:[/b]
[b]Details[/b]:

If you have sold/bought/withdrawn/traded your item:
If you have completed your thread, please simply place a post at the end stating that you have bought/sold/traded etc your item(s). If you are withdrawing your item(s) please do the same. If you are withdrawing an item to list it on ebay due to lack of interest, you may place a link to the ebay listing. A reasonable time (minimum 2 weeks) must have passed before an ebay link can be posted. eBay links posted prior to this deadline will be removed.

5. Adding Links & Images
Particularly for WTS threads, pictures are beneficial. If you unsure about how to post photos, in the info section there is a permanent post from Mulger Bill about Posting Pictures. It is worthwhile to read this.

6. Implications for Commercial Posters
If you do post commercially:
- you will receive a permanent ban,
- your host will be informed,
- you will be Black Listed,
- if you have a listing in the bicycles.net.au directory, your listing will be permanently removed.
- Complaint to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) for scams and misleading offers.

Are you a business or commercial enterprise?
Would you like to promote your cycling related products or services?
This site gets over 200,000+ visitors a month, why not become an advertiser or sponsor? Details here >

7. Legal Information

Warning - Buyer Beware
Please carefully check the goods before purchase. Private purchases usually don't include a garantee. Ask to see original purchase receipts and ask for a receipt of purchase (even a hand written note with signature). If you suspect a bike or parts to be stolen, please report this to the police.

Legal Disclaimer
Bicycles Network Australia provides these classifieds as an open forum for private buyers and sellers. Businesses and commercial enterprises are not permitted to participate in this forum.

Bicycles Network Australia does not endorse or take responsibility for posts within this forum. Bicycles Network Australia does not participate in any transactions and does not take any responsibility for transactions. Transactions take place between a buyer and seller without participation or endorsement from Bicycles Network Australia.

Sellers are required to provide truthful and correct information regarding the bicycle / bicycle parts / cycling products for sale. Buyers are encouraged to personally inspect goods before purchase as Bicycles Network Australia takes no responsibility and provides no guarantee for the goods offered for sale.

Bicycles Network Australia reserves the right to remove or edit any posts in the forum.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

by BNA » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 am

BNA

Re: RULES FOR POSTING HERE: Newbies please read

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 am

Updated on 28/06/11 - please review these for changes if you have not already done so.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: RULES FOR POSTING HERE: All members please read

Postby mchlknn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:34 pm

The only exception is if you email or PM a moderator in advance and are given approval. Please note that approvals from now on will be given in exceptional circumstances only, and are at the discretion of the moderators/admin.
Not authorized to PM either. Help?
mchlknn

Postby CafeCruiser » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 am

The only exception is if you email or PM a moderator in advance

So how do I get in touch with a Moderator?
CafeCruiser

Postby Nobody » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Press the "pm" button found on the bottom of one of their posts.
Nobody

Postby CafeCruiser » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 am

Tried PMing wouldn't allow it so now I guess I just post my senseless 10 post minimum... lame.
CafeCruiser

Postby CafeCruiser » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 am

9 down, I guess it gets the activity levels up on what might otherwise be a dead forum.. A rule review seems in need OR a courteous PM would be nice before deleting posts.
CafeCruiser

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:59 am

CafeCruiser wrote:Tried PMing wouldn't allow it so now I guess I just post my senseless 10 post minimum... lame.

Don't forget the seven days too...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Claare » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 am

Where is this magical PM button?
Claare

Postby Wazza » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Claare wrote:Where is this magical PM button?

Under your name Claare :wink:
Wazza
Mont Ventoux 2014 - Must train hard
Wazza

Postby dtrain » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks, good info!
dtrain

Postby 2dads » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 am

Hey guys,
just wondering if its 10 posts and 7 days? i have no probs waiting the week but i'd prefer not to have to post nearly a dozen unwanted posts before posting to the marketplace.
As other users have stated above the PM message button is not available to new accounts (is this lifted after a similar time and posts requirement? this info also is absent from your forum rules/terms page), and after a trawl of you forum terms and conditions i have been unable to locate the email of a mod.

Thanks for your patience.

Allan.

post 1 down - 9 to go.
2dads

Postby 2dads » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 am

sweet, it appears the pm's become available after your first post.

2 down - 8 to go
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race" - H.G. Wells
2dads

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Spotted this, a little late.

We prefer these rules as this is a type of community marketplace - people know people (kindof) in contrast to a commercial marketplace. While the community is not foolproof, it is still pretty good in being able to judge the character of a person, ie. you may have had a fair bit of online dialogue with another member - so more trust.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deleting posts

Postby RadioDog » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 am

Hi all,

Just wondering how I can delete a completed sale post from the marketplace.

Rob
RadioDog

Re: Deleting posts

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 am

RadioDog wrote:Hi all,

Just wondering how I can delete a completed sale post from the marketplace.

Rob

PM'd

edit: for public reference, marketplace posts are never deleted for a number of reasons. Generally a post in the thread stating that the item has sold or been withdrawn from sale is sufficient to close off a thread. If you have a specific reason a post/thread needs to be removed simply PM a mod or Admin (or just use the report post function) and it will be assessed. Nothing will be deleted, but in exceptional circumstances posts can be removed to a board only accessible to moderators.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales