WTB: 52 cm steel road frame

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTB: 52 cm steel road frame

Postby vitualis » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I recently bought a Europa to build up as a touring bike/wet weather bike for my wife. Finally had it all assembled today and as I was trying to make the final adjustments, the horrible reality became apparent... the frame was too big!!! ARGH!!! :x :x :x ... and it was entirely my own damn fault for not measuring things up properly before committing. :oops:

Anyway... I've got the groupset, the wheels and pretty much everything else. I just have a frame that's too big! So... I'm looking for a road frame, probably around the 52 cm top tube and seat tube in size. Steel would be preferable along with the braze ons for a rear rack and fenders.

I tried matching road levers with Tektro mini-V brakes and it absolutely sucks (at least, compared to dual-pivot calipers / standard road brakes) so I would prefer a frame that would accept caliper brakes. On that note, I'm probably not interested in anything but a frame that accepts 700c wheels as that's what I have.

I live in Sydney; pick up would be preferable but for the perfect frame, I would pay for shipping.

Cheers!
Michael Tam
Photos: Michael's bicycle obsession
2009 Pegoretti Responsorium Ciavete Custom :: 1982/3 Colnago Super :: 2006 Cannondale Six13 Pro :: Late 1980s Repco Superlite
vitualis

by BNA » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:27 am

BNA

Postby vitualis » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:27 am

bump!
Michael Tam
2009 Pegoretti Responsorium Ciavete Custom :: 1982/3 Colnago Super :: 2006 Cannondale Six13 Pro :: Late 1980s Repco Superlite
vitualis

Postby vitualis » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Bump!
Michael Tam
vitualis

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales