FREE, 27" RETRO RACER, PERTH

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

FREE, 27" RETRO RACER, PERTH

Postby randyrob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 am

Hey Guys,

Heading back from a morning ride and i spotted this in a junk heap on berwick st, vic park. It was a real battle to dinky it home so i hope someone can make use of it!!

sorry about the crappy iphone photo running late for work again

Rob,
Go fast and stop hard, it'll never catch on!
randyrob

by BNA » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:40 am

BNA

Postby mylesau » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:40 am

Just recently got one of these myself at the local tip shop for $3. Strada Speedwell - at least that's what it looks like in the photo?

I'm going to convert the one I have to a lazy Sunday rider for my wife. I've got a Shimano 3s (internal 3 speed) for the rear - should look like a single speed, but will give here a bit of a hand with the 3 speed option - donor bike an old Malvern Star (female frame) 5th Avenue.

Won't be much to look at, but it will match my Sunday rider - Aussie steel frame (Revlin?), with a coaster brake at the rear. I love the old frames just as they are, apply lots of wax to stop them rusting away.
mylesau

Postby kukamunga » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:51 am

Mate, that photo is pretty much standard for eBay listings for this type of bike..... and they usually sell well! Give it a try!!!
God save the ABC & SBS.....
kukamunga

Postby randyrob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm

mylesau wrote:Just recently got one of these myself at the local tip shop for $3. Strada Speedwell - at least that's what it looks like in the photo?

I'm going to convert the one I have to a lazy Sunday rider for my wife. I've got a Shimano 3s (internal 3 speed) for the rear - should look like a single speed, but will give here a bit of a hand with the 3 speed option - donor bike an old Malvern Star (female frame) 5th Avenue.

Won't be much to look at, but it will match my Sunday rider - Aussie steel frame (Revlin?), with a coaster brake at the rear. I love the old frames just as they are, apply lots of wax to stop them rusting away.

Hey Mate,

yeah it's a Strada Speedwell!

i like your thinking, love to see some pics when both bikes are done.

the crank on this one has bolts on it to easily remove the second cog and bash guard plus horizontal dropouts so could be a good singlespeed / fixie conversiuon for someone

Rob.
randyrob

Postby twowheels » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:43 pm

kukamunga wrote:Mate, that photo is pretty much standard for eBay listings for this type of bike..... and they usually sell well! Give it a try!!!

+1, go for it yourself!
twowheels

Postby RetroPilot » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:52 pm

kukamunga wrote:Mate, that photo is pretty much standard for eBay listings for this type of bike..... and they usually sell well! Give it a try!!!

yep-hence mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=025

I know it's not a fixie-that was my own blunder, discovered after someone bid on it.
RetroPilot

Postby greggie-e » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:36 pm

I would be interested if the bike is still available?

:) :)

I am in North Perth and can collect!
greggie-e

Postby randyrob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey Greggie-e.

Yes no probs still have said bike, i'm off on the red eye to Melbourne tomorrow for a week so if you would like it soon then you can come pick it up tomorrow if you want?

Cheers Rob.
randyrob

Postby greggie-e » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:40 pm

I am at work today, and have an early dinner booked (kids and all) tonight. Pick up in a week is fine for me. :lol:

I will PM you with my details

Greg
greggie-e

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales