SOLD - Melbourne - Repco Superlite

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

SOLD - Melbourne - Repco Superlite

Postby Matt Zac » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:53 pm

I brought this one down to Melbourne to help while away the spare and often lonely hours granted by working interstate.
She was a bit rough when I first got her, but nothing a visit to the shed couldn't fix - a set of reasonable 700c wheels and tyres off my old Shogun Katana, a seat and post off some unrescuable old mountain bike and a good gear / brake adjustment got things looking good. Basically I wanted something that looked alright but wouldn't tempt the bolt cutter brigade... and so we've spent some great times touring the Yarra, Federation Square and even saved the boss a few bucks on rental car fees along the way!

Good stuff? Basically, it's mostly original - dark red with silver blue forks and headset and approx 56cm tall. 4130 chromoly frame, Clear coated brake and gear cables, araya rims with quick release exage hubs. Original shimano groupset with sugino cranks and friction shifters. I fitted some new brake pads a week or two back so plenty of life left there. Also includes botlle rack and flashing tail light!

Not so good stuff? The chain doesn't seem to get on too well with the hyperglide casette, but works well enough in second gear which has been reasonably adequate over the past few months. I measured the chain against a wear gauge and it looked OK - Replace the casette or give it the single speed treatment and off you go.

Asking $80 ono

Bike can be viewed at either Melbourne CBD or Abbotsford. Flying home Thursday afternoon so get in quick!
Last edited by Matt Zac on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
No, honey, I've had that one for ages...
Matt Zac

by BNA » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:35 pm

BNA

Re: WTS - Melbourne - Repco Superlite

Postby r2160 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:35 pm

I wish you could bring it home . . .

I have a mate looking for one.

glenn
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong
r2160

Postby Matt Zac » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:45 am

I probably would take it home except my return journey involves a short flight from Sydney to Newcastle on a plane which is not quite big enough to carry a bike... Otherwise a good clean and S/S treatment would be the go!
Matt Zac

Postby r2160 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:16 am

When are you flying into sydney, maybe we could meet at the airport?

cheers
Glenn
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong
r2160

Postby Matt Zac » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

I'm still waiting on confirmation of flight times - will PM you as soon as I know.
Matt Zac

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales