WTB - Road Brake Caliper part

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTB - Road Brake Caliper part

Postby Matty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:23 am

I'm chasing a spare part for my Tektro dual caliper road brake. I've somehow managed to strip the brake cable anchor bolt and the part that the bolt screws into. The part that I'm talking about is circled below:

If anyone has a spare one of those parts or an old caliper brake that they would like to sell for cheap let me know. I've tried a few bikes stores in the area and the response has ranged from, I'll have a look out the back for you to I can sell you a new set for $xx. Located in Adelaide for pickup.
Matty

by BNA » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 am

BNA

Re: WTB - Road Brake Caliper part

Postby 2WheelsGood » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 am

Where did you get that diagram from - is it a Tektro brake diagram? Reason I ask is my Fuji Roubaix Pro is meant to come with Tektro brakes but seems to come with Shimano R600 brakes - but the diagram you posted looks like my brakes!
2004 Giant OCR Touring
2009 Fuji Roubaix Pro
2009 Merida Crossway Sport TFS 300V
2WheelsGood

Postby boyracer » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:19 pm

i should have a 105 rear somewhere in the shed shaped tardis out the back. want?
boyracer

Postby Matty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:27 pm

2WheelsGood wrote:Where did you get that diagram from - is it a Tektro brake diagram? Reason I ask is my Fuji Roubaix Pro is meant to come with Tektro brakes but seems to come with Shimano R600 brakes - but the diagram you posted looks like my brakes!

It's from the Shimano Tech Docs site. It's the exploded view of a DuraAce caliper.

Not to sure about your Fuji Roubaix Pro brakes. My Fuji Newest 1.0 came with Tektros though having a hard time figuring out the model. If they are Shimano calipers it should have the model number stamped somewhere I think.

boyracer wrote:i should have a 105 rear somewhere in the shed shaped tardis out the back. want?

I just got an email from Tektro, they may be sending me the part. How much were you after for the 105 brake? I'm really only after that one part and not sure if Shimano to Tektro would be compatible.
Matty

Postby toff » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:54 am

Tektro actually make Shimano's low-end brakes, so they should be compatible.
toff

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales