Sold - Melb - Specialized Road Shoes

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

Sold - Melb - Specialized Road Shoes

Postby sixx » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Selling new shoes I got at discount with bike. I like them, but as a rec rider they are a little toooo flashy for moi. Comes in original box etc. Please PM if interested ... Cheers

Size - 43

Asking - Circa $75ish??? + Postage

Stock Pic - Image

My Pic - Image
Last edited by sixx on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sixx

by BNA » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 pm

BNA

Re: WTS - Melb - Specialized Road Shoes

Postby sixx » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 pm

A little info about Specialized Body Geometry technology - as with these shoes.

Specialized have developed what they call, Body Geometry technology, in the manufacturing of their shoes and foot beds; designed to make the relationship between body and bike more productive and comfortable, while also helping to prevent injury.This technology was developed with the aid of Dr. Andy Pruitt form the Boulder Center for Sports and Medicine. Specialized desire the production of a shoe that should transfer every watt the rider puts into the pedals to move that person forward and not waste any energy. Specialized shoes are built using European sizing standards, so they are able to offer smaller increments between sizes. However, obviously the best way to judge is to come in and try on the size that best fits your foot.
All of Specialized's Body Geometry shoes have three things in common:
Varus Wedge
The Problem: The foot is naturally canted for walking and running, with the result of the big toe being higher than the little toes. This angulation on the bike can cause rotational movement of the knee, shin and foot which causes the foot to collapse; this action not only degrades efficiency, but also creates knee pressure and strain. The Solution: Specialized engineer a Varus Wedge into the outsole of the BG shoes, giving the foot a 15mm angle to compensate for the foot, boosting efficiency and comfort. Specialized's foot beds are also accompanied by BG shims, which provide further fine-tuning of the rider's forefoot (varus/valgus) angle.
Metatarsal Button
The Problem: Cyclist often experience ‘hot spots' or a numbness in the forefoot while riding, due to the fact that a snug shoe can lead to the compression of nerves and arteries in between the metatarsals (the long bones of the forefoot).
The Solution: The metatarsal button in Specialized's BG shoes works against this ‘hot spot' problem by lifting and separating the metatarsals to eliminate related compression and discomfort.
Longitudinal Arch
The Problem: Similar to its angulations, the foot's arch is great for absorbing shock when walking or running, thanks to its natural flex. However, unless the arch is supported while on a bike, it can hinder pedaling efficiency and rob power on the down stroke.
The Solution: The foot beds and outsoles of Specialized's BG shoes are [/constructed with longitudinal arch support, making every pedal stroke count in the rider's favour.
sixx

Postby moz023 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:46 am

I have the carbon sole verson of these and must say are the most comfortable bike shoe I have ever owned these wont be on here for very long

good luck with the sale
moz023

Postby danielt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:15 am

PM sent. Thanks.
danielt

Re:SOLD - Melb - Specialized Road Shoes

Postby sixx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:58 pm

moz023 wrote:I have the carbon sole verson of these and must say are the most comfortable bike shoe I have ever owned these wont be on here for very long

good luck with the sale

Cheers Moz, looks like you were right. :shock: :) :)
sixx

Re: SOLD - Melb - Specialized Road Shoes

Postby sixx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks for the PM's (interest) guys.
All have been replied, but they seem to sit in the 'outbox' for a while for some reason, ... should go through eventually.

Cheers
sixx

Postby sixx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Shoes back on the market.
Both people interested in them previously required a size 42 ... these are a 43.

Cheers,
sixx

Re: Sold - Melb - Specialized Road Shoes

Postby sixx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Sold.

Maybe.
sixx

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales