WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:05 pm

[Mod Edit]
Since BrentonO has not opted to change any of his demonstrably misleading* wording in this thread, I have taken it upon myself to change the title of the thread to remove the word "Vintage". Any prospective buyers of this seat post should be aware that this is not a pre-1956 seat post as indicated in this post, and as a potential buyer you should read all of the rebuttals to BrentonO's claims before considering purchasing this post.

Once again, this is not a Vintage pre-1956 Campag seat post. Don't be mislead or deceived.

* Oops - not misleading, but "said in jest", because money is pretty funny stuff ...
[/Mod Edit]


Campagnolo Vintage Record Seatpost think it was prior to 1956, maybe someone knows?
Markings-Campagnolo Brevetti Internaz. 27.2 made in Italy with limit marks.
27.2mm single bolt (original allen key bolt) this is a short seatpost, approx 105mm from limit to seat rails.
slight marks on post below limit mark, other wise very good, will polish up great.
Think this one is pretty rare.
For someone that's interested $120ono plus P&H if interstate.
Thanks
BrentonO

Image
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

by BNA » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:29 pm

BNA
 

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby toff » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Well it's a Campag seatpost, but the age is way off. This style is dated between 1995 and 1997. After 1997, Campag went to straight seatposts. Before 1995 (in what is generally referred to as the C-Record era), the aero seatposts like this one had the shield logo etched in the flat sides of the post.

Since this one has no logo, it's post 1994. Later versions had the groupset etched into the round part of the post, near the top. It's not Record though. The housing for the mounting bolt was more streamlined and less boxy for Record. If I had to date this post, I'd be 90% sure it was from 1995. Campag used the same post from Chorus through to Avanti (which was 2 down from Veloce in that year).

Length is 130mm. The 2 lengths they made were 130mm and 180mm.
Last edited by toff on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
toff
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: Between my seatpost and my stem.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby toff » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:48 pm

After checking my catalogues, I was wrong. 130mm aero seatposts without the shield logo date back as early as 1990, and were the same for all non C-Record groupsets from Chorus all the way down to Xenon. So this post could be late C-Record era, although clearly not C-Record.
User avatar
toff
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: Between my seatpost and my stem.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:48 am

Toff,
Thanks for the off-the-cuff remarks, but I think your way off,
thanks anyway.
The closest I have seen is c-record aero's from the early eighties,
with no logo, but would like to hear from someone here, that
might actually know the vintage, and be able to date this one.
Cheers
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby toff » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:43 pm

You were right, I was way off. Having had some more time this weekend, I have looked at a few earlier catalogues. The 1988 catalogue is the earliest one that clearly shows the non C-Record short seatpost without a logo.

Since we know that the first aero seatpost that Campagnolo made originally appeared in the No 18 BIS Catalogue, published in 1985*, the seatpost simply cannot pre-date this time. In the BIS Catalogue, there were 2 styles of aero seatpost. C-Record, and Victory/Triomphe. However, short seatposts (the 130mm length) were all round, rather than aero in the first instance.

The following year, (1986), a short (130mm) aero seatpost was produced for the full range (Record, Nuovo Victory, Nuovo Triomphe), and the shield logo appears to be on all versions. The same with the 1987 catalogue.

This brings us to 1988. Here we finally have evidence of the 130mm aero non C-Record seatpost without a shield logo.

A picture can be seen here.

The last time a 130mm aero seatpost turns up in any Campagnolo catalogue is 1993.

So sorry that my "off the cuff" information was all of 2 years off, but that's hardly way off is it?


* (For the purists, there was an aero Colnago 30th anniversary seatpost made in 1984, but that was a highly branded item, and could never be confused with a seatpost for general use.) The rarest aero seatpost I have seen is this one - A Guerciotti version of the Colnago 30th seatpost. Never seen another like it, and I wonder if a blank was "borrowed" for a custom pantograph...
User avatar
toff
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: Between my seatpost and my stem.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby Torana68 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 am

not as far off as pre '56 :)
Torana68
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:40 am
Location: NSW/ACT

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 am

Hi Toff,
Thank-you for your on-going effort, but I am yet to be convinced,
still like to hear from someone that may know the correct era.
From your linked photo, hard to see that it has/has not a logo.
Also from the description, of the knurled adjustment, this post does
not have that, and is fixed position.
I also have one, in the box, adjustable with logo, so know what they look like,
as in the one (Item 140350282482) that recently went on Ebay for $160.
Close, but no cigar.
So there must be someone else who may know.
Thanks
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 am

brentono wrote:Hi Toff,
still like to hear from someone that may know the correct era.


Toff has probably forgotten more about this sort of stuff than most of us ever knew. Read back through his post history if your not convinvced. Highly knowledgable.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
User avatar
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 5691
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Geelong

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:33 am

Hi,
Hey guys, I was joking about the pre-56.
Sorry Toff, my mistake, after finding my proper Campag allen tool,
rechecked, and it is adjustable, so will take your call that it is Chorus,
around the Nineties, no logo, as correct.
Still have a C-Record (with logo) as the quoted specks, and will sell for $120.
Will take offers on the Chorus, if anyone into retro is interested.
Can send photos of the C-Record seatpost to those who PM me.
Thanks
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:37 am

Also for further info, Jfisher makes some interesting points,
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18589#p290427
and we are all not infallible, and we all have some knowledge, Im_no_pro.
So, I'm still not fully convinced, so we could possibly date this post, late 80's..?
Any other members thoughts.
Thanks,
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby tallywhacker » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:07 pm

could it be this one ?
Ever since the vasectomy...I mostly ride fixed.
User avatar
tallywhacker
 
Posts: 1598
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: on the road

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi Tallywhacker,
Could be, but it's not, as I see it.
Others have been quick to make comparisons to catalogues.
But may I point out, with observation all will see that the
front rail holding fingers are about 9mm wide and the back
are around 14mm wide- have not seen that in the photos.
Also, the allen bolt has a 45 degree bezel around the top,
which I have not seen in these models. And if needed,
can post photo of the flat square top, with other
differant finishing. So still have not seen one, yet,
the same as the one shown. It weighs 211gm.
So closer examination is needed.
Thanks
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:12 am

Hi All
Thanks for giving this some time, have another couple of more
shots, and still have not seen on the net, this one, so it must
be quite rare..? Any marks are surface and would polish off.
Still have this and the C-Record, the same size for sale.
Thanks,
BrentonO

Image

Image
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby jfischer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Toff has this one spot on. 89-mid 90's era Campagnolo aero post, short version. As posted above, the Aero posts usually came in a long and short version, this is a short one. It is not a Record level post, but would have matched up with Athena - Croce D'Aune groups (Xenon's saddle clamp top half was different heavier design in the 6/1990 Campagnolo catalog, Athena's post appears to have been downgraded with the Xenon top half by 93 as well).
jfischer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby sixx » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:55 pm

brentono wrote:Campagnolo Vintage Record Seatpost think it was prior to 1956, maybe someone knows?
Markings-Campagnolo Brevetti Internaz. 27.2 made in Italy with limit marks.
27.2mm single bolt (original allen key bolt) this is a short seatpost, approx 105mm from limit to seat rails.
slight marks on post below limit mark, other wise very good, will polish up great.
Think this one is pretty rare.
For someone that's interested $120ono plus P&H if interstate.
Thanks
BrentonO

Image




So is this a pre 56 Record? if not, the above is misleading.
Got a pic of the C-Record post?
sixx
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Melbournish

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:50 am

Hi,
JFisher, thanks for your time, and the info.
So back to my post...
posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=20568#pr287770
...of which there has been no misleading (sixx) if you had read closely.
Here is the C-record (below) same specs, for $120 if you wish to buy.
Thanks
BrentonO

Image
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby sixx » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:54 pm

brentono wrote:...of which there has been no misleading (sixx) if you had read closely.



Sorry, "misleading" was probably too stronger word. As you state later in the thread you were only joking about the "pre 56" and agree it's 80's/90's I should of said "deceptive". :wink:

C-Record post is nice, bit pricey though. I'll give you $90.
sixx
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Melbournish

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 am

Hi Sixx,
(Laughing) Your apology accepted, as for misleading/deceptive, your "bit pricey" may
just be that. On the much heralded here, "Ebay", the last 2x (C-record) to go, were well sort after
and went between 100-135, so I think I'm in the ballpark.
Your offer is a fair one, and is being considered, but would like to hear from anyone, else,
who would like to make an offer closer to the set price (is that auctioning?)
Hope that ALL can see, that this is all in fun, and take it as that (it's not about the money).
Please don't take it personal, those tender ones among us.
Cheers,
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:59 am

Mod,
Money may not be funny, but you are... ha, ha.
You should have read closer... "think it was prior to 1956, maybe someone knows?"
Must be easy to sit there with the power and the anonymity and make remarks.
Maybe you could have signed your note, (if you were up to making yourself known)
with god/not Mod.
Anyone who can read, can see, it's all out in the posts and in the open.
Thanks for your input.
Cheers
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth:Vintage Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby spirito » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:35 am

Only because this is the most tiresome thread of all time™® (as voted by me) I suggest that perhaps you chase your "ballpark" of $120 on ebay because it's not gonna sell for that here. Polish it up, pay listing fee's, final auction value fee's and lose 2% on paypal. Answer stupid questions about postage to Liberia, whether it's for a track bike, if it's Titanium, and whether you may have any Delta brakes for cheap. Sweat out bad feedback because the buyer bought it now knowing what size his frame needs or because it took 2 whole days to arrive in the post. Ebay it - save us all from having this thread dredged on forever. Puhhlease :roll:

First you start off so uninformed it's laughable with pre-1956, then you shoot attitude to Toff who tried to help you ID the seat post and tells you what you don't want to hear, and now you sound-off because a mod interjects with a bit of clarity. (Thank you mods :wink: )

Please take it personal (as you like to say) ... you're not funny, this isn't interesting and spare us the numbingly tedious soap opera of trying to get pump a few $'s for something you knew nothing about originally. You've been offered $90 which is $30 more than it's worth here. You'd be a fool to pass that up and I feel obliged to advise Sixx of the real worth of your sort after crap.

It costs you nothing to list here ... except for the face your losing very quickly.

Image

brentono wrote:Hi Sixx,
(Laughing) Your apology accepted, as for misleading/deceptive, your "bit pricey" may
just be that. On the much heralded here, "Ebay", the last 2x (C-record) to go, were well sort after
and went between 100-135, so I think I'm in the ballpark.
Your offer is a fair one, and is being considered, but would like to hear from anyone, else,
who would like to make an offer closer to the set price (is that auctioning?)
Hope that ALL can see, that this is all in fun, and take it as that (it's not about the money).
Please don't take it personal, those tender ones among us.
Cheers,
BrentonO
Cranky Jim wrote: God did not invent gears. Men invented gears ... because we are not gods.
User avatar
spirito
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 am

brentono wrote:Mod,
Money may not be funny, but you are... ha, ha.
You should have read closer... "think it was prior to 1956, maybe someone knows?"
Must be easy to sit there with the power and the anonymity and make remarks.
Maybe you could have signed your note, (if you were up to making yourself known)
with god/not Mod.
Anyone who can read, can see, it's all out in the posts and in the open.
Thanks for your input.
Cheers
BrentonO

Mate, you should have taken action to correct your mistakes as soon as they were brought to your attention. It doesn't matter one iota if you said "think it was prior" in your first post: you should have fixed the deceptive language and removed the word "vintage" from your title. To allow it to stay indicates you're not trustworthy.

The mods don't have to sign their notes and edits, but for your information it was me who flagged your behaviour to potential buyers. We don't sign such notes because we are not acting on our own behalf, but on the behalf of the forum community in such circumstances. It was not a personal note from me: It was a note from the community telling you to smarten your act up. Disregard it if you like, but the mods do have the power and the will to exclude you from the community.

Around here, we are Gods.

Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Re: WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby brentono » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Spirito,
It must be tiresome, as you have all the opinions, and the venom,
and not enough time to pay attention to the fact that we are talking
about two differant seatposts, maybe it's you with egg on your face,
are you buying? So what's your point? Nothing.
If you don't like what you read, don't read it, simple.
Cheers.
Greame, as a mod, I don't think it's your position to get personal
(who moderates the mods?) but as you have stated...
"The gods have spoken" so be it, I didn't change the title on the 5th
of November, when we concluded that it was 89-90's (to Retro)
that makes me not Trustworthy (a bit personal for not being a
personal note from you)
Thankyou for flagging my behaviour,
I'm bad, but still smiling
Cheers,
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:52 pm

brentono wrote:"The gods have spoken" so be it, I didn't change the title on the 5th
of November, when we concluded that it was 89-90's
(to Retro)
that makes me not Trustworthy (a bit personal for not being a
personal note from you)
Thankyou for flagging my behaviour,
I'm bad, but still smiling
Cheers,
BrentonO


BrentonO on 26th October wrote:Sorry Toff, my mistake, after finding my proper Campag allen tool,
rechecked, and it is adjustable, so will take your call that it is Chorus,
around the Nineties, no logo, as correct.

Just who is "We" then? Toff decided you were wrong within 4 hours of the first post. Others backed him up. You said in your first post that you weren't sure of the age, but then proceeded to argue with those who did know better. On the 26th, you admitted being wrong but you left the title uncorrected for 10 days. Maybe an oversight on your part, but judging by your behaviour in other threads, I think not.

Personally, I wouldn't trust your descriptions on any item you have for sale (of which there seem to be many). Did you know that around three quarters of your total post count is in the WTS/WTB forum? The mods get very watchful of members who spend such a large proportion of their time on the forum trying to sell stuff. Even more so when other members complain about the tactics you employ in when trying to sell that stuff. Using words like rare and vintage works on Craig's List, but not so well in an informed market. If you are going to use them, make sure of your facts first.

Please keep it fair and square. If you do, you won't hear from the mods. If you try to rip members off, the mods are watching and will take action against you.

Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Re: WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
brentono wrote:"The gods have spoken" so be it, I didn't change the title on the 5th
of November, when we concluded that it was 89-90's
(to Retro)
that makes me not Trustworthy (a bit personal for not being a
personal note from you)
Thankyou for flagging my behaviour,
I'm bad, but still smiling
Cheers,
BrentonO


BrentonO on 26th October wrote:Sorry Toff, my mistake, after finding my proper Campag allen tool,
rechecked, and it is adjustable, so will take your call that it is Chorus,
around the Nineties, no logo, as correct.

Just who is "We" then? Toff decided you were wrong within 4 hours of the first post. Others backed him up. You said in your first post that you weren't sure of the age, but then proceeded to argue with those who did know better. On the 26th, you admitted being wrong but you left the title uncorrected for 10 days. Maybe an oversight on your part, but judging by your behaviour in other threads, I think not.

Personally, I wouldn't trust your descriptions on any item you have for sale (of which there seem to be many). Did you know that around three quarters of your total post count is in the WTS/WTB forum? The mods get very watchful of members who spend such a large proportion of their time on the forum trying to sell stuff. Even more so when other members complain about the tactics you employ in when trying to sell that stuff. Using words like rare and vintage works on Craig's List, but not so well in an informed market. If you are going to use them, make sure of your facts first.

Please keep it fair and square. If you do, you won't hear from the mods. If you try to rip members off, the mods are watching and will take action against you.

Graeme


[mod helmet]+1 I've never seen a tightrope so deftly walked before.

Shaun [/mod helmet]
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25671
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: WTS:Perth: Campag Seatpost 27.2mm short-rare

Postby spirito » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:49 pm

brentono wrote:Spirito,
It must be tiresome, as you have all the opinions, and the venom,
and not enough time to pay attention to the fact that we are talking
about two differant seatposts, maybe it's you with egg on your face,
are you buying? So what's your point? Nothing.
If you don't like what you read, don't read it, simple.
Cheers.


:roll: :shock: :roll: :?:

You are the one with not enough time to pay attention. I'm well aware of the two posts. I could have chimed in but I'm not in the habit of helping people who are ungrateful.

Seems to me you'd like everyone else to help you identify an item, disagree with and mock them and then cash in. I call it rude and I find it an absurdly cocky notion that you feel victimized by the mods/other members.

A brash upstart like yourself isn't gonna make much money selling things they know nothing about.

Haven't I seen you somewhere before ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhCbdVS8R8
Cranky Jim wrote: God did not invent gears. Men invented gears ... because we are not gods.
User avatar
spirito
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Next

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dominicj, rollin



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit