WTB (NSW):Cottered Cranks with rpl, or modest chainring:

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTB (NSW):Cottered Cranks with rpl, or modest chainring:

Postby bowie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Hello!

I have a repco traveller which is neeeeeeeeeeearly back together :P

I have thrown away the gears and fitted a single speed 17tooth back peddle brake hub, and now I just need some front cranks and I can go shopping! Woooooooooooooot

Currently the cottered chainring is a 52 and a 42. i would love some kind of crank with a 42, 40, 38, its a trolly.. and I have big hills and ill probably be drunk whilst I ride it so I dont really care.. in short.. just about anything will do!. . .. . as long as its not a Time Trial Special 70t Hercules crank :P



Otherwise, I'll have to replace the Bottom Bracket and buy a set of conventional SS cranks :cry: "sniff(1)"
So what junk do you have lying around. I'll pay with real money too! If you like... or i could use pretend money if you prefer? Cheesecakes? how about a whole heap of stolen cannon ink cartridges from work?


No but seriously.









Oh I guess that means i have a cottered crank set from a Repco Traveller (52 + 42) which someone can have if they want :P



(1) read more $$$ I dont have to spend on it :P

[mod edit - modified topic for you - wasn't all that taxing after all ;) - M@]
Last edited by bowie on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
b is for bicycle :D
User avatar
bowie
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 pm
Location: Sir! Albert Park.

by BNA » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 pm

BNA
 

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Bowie

[mod hat]Can you update thread title with location as per the marketplace rules [/mod hat]

Good luck with the hunt, I will see what I have in the shed but dont think I have what you need.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
User avatar
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Geelong

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby cludence » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Bowie,

Have you tried Kris from Revolution Cycles at all? He is in Albury and I am sure he would have some. If you dont have his details, let me know and I can PM them to you.

Karen.
cludence
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Sydney

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby fatherofmany » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Only alloys I have are 53/43 but I've got an old steel cotterless 48/38 which you could always get the grinder to, ie cut off the outside ring leaving the bolt holes to mount the inner ring for a 38. Also have the axle to suit. Will have to check the shed when the mozzies aren't out to see if I could locate all the nuts & bolts though.

Mind you, you could probly get the grinder to yours and cut off the outside ring too.

PM for more
15 Bikes 2 adults 6 children, 2 dogs, 10 chooks and a heck of a lot of fish
User avatar
fatherofmany
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia 33°26'16"S 151°20'39.50"E ish

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby oldschoolfool » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 am

I have a 40 tooth chain ring that suits williams/stronglight etc.. 5 pin cranks, and bolts for same (all new old stock). Also have Milremo cranks (cottered) that fit this ring/bolts but need replating.
User avatar
oldschoolfool
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:41 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia.

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby hartleymartin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:01 pm

bowie wrote:Hello!

I have a repco traveller which is neeeeeeeeeeearly back together :P

I have thrown away the gears and fitted a single speed 17tooth back peddle brake hub, and now I just need some front cranks and I can go shopping! Woooooooooooooot

Currently the cottered chainring is a 52 and a 42. i would love some kind of crank with a 42, 40, 38, its a trolly.. and I have big hills and ill probably be drunk whilst I ride it so I dont really care.. in short.. just about anything will do!. . .. . as long as its not a Time Trial Special 70t Hercules crank :P



Otherwise, I'll have to replace the Bottom Bracket and buy a set of conventional SS cranks :cry: "sniff(1)"
So what junk do you have lying around. I'll pay with real money too! If you like... or i could use pretend money if you prefer? Cheesecakes? how about a whole heap of stolen cannon ink cartridges from work?


No but seriously.

Oh I guess that means i have a cottered crank set from a Repco Traveller (52 + 42) which someone can have if they want :P



(1) read more $$$ I dont have to spend on it :P


You can get a bigger sprocket on the back instead. 22T is about the largest normally available. I might be able to arrange a 20T sprocket for you.

If it's a coaster-braked hub, chances are the sprocket is a 3-spline type - same as sturmey-archer and shimano 3-speed hubs. It's held on by a ring clip (which can be a real bastard of a thing to remove sometimes), and slides straight off. I'll swap you a 20T for the 17T. By the way they are 1/8" wide, so will either need 1/8" chain or take a file to it to reduce in thickness.
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty
http://madmartysblog.blogspot.com - my cycling adventures
User avatar
hartleymartin
 
Posts: 5069
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: Old Toongabbie, NSW

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby bowie » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:22 am

Thank for the replies guys :)

I thought my location under my user name would have been enough to satisfy the *rules* :s

I'm yet to track chris down. He's a bit of a hero out these ways and ppl keep mentioning him :p

I think his number is still plastered over the shed at a caltex he was working out of once. . Ill go have a look and come back if no good :)

I confess I didn't even think of using a grinder :s :s :s I suppose I could get a 1/8 chaining and fit it in easily enough if I took the outer away. . The chainline would be all but perfect too. . . . . .

Hmmmmm I say whilst pondering the joy cutting into metal brings to all whom survived year 9/10 metal work :D


Ill get em out and have a look. . Actually.. Better see if I can get a chaining in the bcd before I go nuts with a grinder :p
b is for bicycle :D
User avatar
bowie
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 pm
Location: Sir! Albert Park.

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:29 am

bowie wrote:I thought my location under my user name would have been enough to satisfy the *rules* :s


[mod]
People still have to come into the thread to see it. Putting it in the title allows members to browse the listings without having to go in all the threads. Pretty please change it :wink: :lol:

AUbicycles wrote:If you want to buy a bike / parts, please name your topic:
WTB - location - (description)

[/mod]

Edit: forgot to mention, I did look for ya, but to no avail sorry :(
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
User avatar
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Geelong

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring:

Postby cludence » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 am

Bowie,

You cant miss Kris. He is often in the main street of Albury of a morning having coffee. How to pick him? His dog. He has a kelpie border collie cross called Mannie that goes with him everywhere. Mannie can be seen running alongside his bike whenever he is out riding. You have probably passed him numerous times.

He also has a flag outside his house but if you need his address and phone number, I'd rather PM them to you. The service station down the end of the main street is where he sometimes works from. (towards the park, not the Highway, next door to a motel)The service station also have his contact details.

Karen.
cludence
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Sydney

Re: WTB: Cottered Cranks with replaceable, or modest chainring

Postby oldschoolfool » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

hartleymartin wrote:
bowie wrote:Hello!

I have a repco traveller which is neeeeeeeeeeearly back together :P

I have thrown away the gears and fitted a single speed 17tooth back peddle brake hub, and now I just need some front cranks and I can go shopping! Woooooooooooooot

Currently the cottered chainring is a 52 and a 42. i would love some kind of crank with a 42, 40, 38, its a trolly.. and I have big hills and ill probably be drunk whilst I ride it so I dont really care.. in short.. just about anything will do!. . .. . as long as its not a Time Trial Special 70t Hercules crank :P



Otherwise, I'll have to replace the Bottom Bracket and buy a set of conventional SS cranks :cry: "sniff(1)"
So what junk do you have lying around. I'll pay with real money too! If you like... or i could use pretend money if you prefer? Cheesecakes? how about a whole heap of stolen cannon ink cartridges from work?


No but seriously.

Oh I guess that means i have a cottered crank set from a Repco Traveller (52 + 42) which someone can have if they want :P



(1) read more $$$ I dont have to spend on it :P


You can get a bigger sprocket on the back instead. 22T is about the largest normally available. I might be able to arrange a 20T sprocket for you.

If it's a coaster-braked hub, chances are the sprocket is a 3-spline type - same as sturmey-archer and shimano 3-speed hubs. It's held on by a ring clip (which can be a real bastard of a thing to remove sometimes), and slides straight off. I'll swap you a 20T for the 17T. By the way they are 1/8" wide, so will either need 1/8" chain or take a file to it to reduce in thickness.


I think I have a 22 Tooth cog for shimano hubs.
User avatar
oldschoolfool
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:41 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia.

Re: WTB (NSW):Cottered Cranks with rpl, or modest chainring:

Postby oldschoolfool » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Just been out in the shed. It's a 22 tooth rear cog for shimano/sturmey hubs (coaster, hub gears) New old stock.
    Tange Free Zone
User avatar
oldschoolfool
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:41 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia.

Re: WTB (NSW):Cottered Cranks with rpl, or modest chainring:

Postby bowie » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm

People still have to come into the thread to see it. Putting it in the title allows members to browse the listings without having to go in all the threads. Pretty please change it :wink: :lol:


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i gets it now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


*walk of shame*




























ok im back :P


You cant miss Kris. He is often in the main street of Albury of a morning having coffee. How to pick him? His dog.


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(X2) Yes i see him all over the place :P So thats him :P tehehehe Yes thats the service station im thinking about, and said coffee van. It is literally which i ride past to go to wok.. I'll ride slowly tomorrow to catch him unawares :P Thank you :)

Thanks for looking everyone. :) The rear cog i have is pretty fresh, so I'll stick with it for the time being :)
b is for bicycle :D
User avatar
bowie
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 pm
Location: Sir! Albert Park.

Re: WTB (NSW):Cottered Cranks with rpl, or modest chainring:

Postby cludence » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Yes thats the right servo. Where the coffee pot is. You also cant miss Kris because he still has quite a strong American accent.

I was down there a few weeks back and heading back down that way next weekend so if you have no luck, let me know and I will bring something down with me.

Karen.
cludence
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Sydney


Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maxknott



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit