WTS - Sidi Dominators, vintage wheels & other parts

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTS - Sidi Dominators, vintage wheels & other parts

Postby singletracking » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Sidi Dominator 5 MTB shoes, size 42 :: $140 ono
These are a year old and still have many years of (ab)use left in them. I'm selling them because I (finally) realised that I should be wearing a smaller size due to my foot size discrepancy (these fit my right foot but are too loose for my left foot).

Image Image

Price is neg. on these ones - they're about $220 new if bought online and lots more if bought from an LBS (~$300), so you be the judge - but I think the price is fair.

Vintage wheelset - 36h Sunshine Pro-Am Hubs to Kaga rims :: $SOLD
c. late 1960's-onwards Sunshine pro-am high-flange track hubset, featuring a star cut-out pattern in the flange. Hubs are freshly repacked and are running smoothly. Rims are lightweight period vintage Kaga clincher rims that pre-date Michelin inventing the bead hook. As they have no bead hook, I recommend that tyres be run at a max 80psi max tyre pressure (I did ride them like this for a year before replacing them with my current wheels, discussion found here). I was going to keep these as the star in the hub flange matched the star in my Stronglight cranks, but the reality is that I don't need them anymore.
Image Image

NOS Fiamme 'Hard Silver' 36H tubular rims :: $65
Eyeleted and anodised with a matte, gunmetal gray finish, these are the predecessor to Mavic's hard-anodised rims, c early 1980's. I bought these from Phantom Cycles a few months ago to build up into the DA track hubs but sourced another wheelset that before I could build them up so they're now surplus to my requirements. Sold at cost, in immaculate, as-new condition, as if they were just unloaded off the boat from Italy.

Zeus c. 1970's 28.5mm dia. seatpost. :: $SOLD
So this one's for any vintage fiends out there or anyone building up a fixed gear out of an old frame. It's essentially a Spanish Campagnolo copy, from back in the day when everything was a Campag copy. Clamp is pitted and the fittings have a good deal of rust, but the post has polished up nicely.
Image Image

Token carbon fibre bidon cage :: $SOLD
19g of pure carbon pleasure. Holds your beverages with the caress of an angel... In as-new condition.

Shimano track BB :: $SOLD
Track bottom brackets, English thread, running smoothly on original caged bearings.

Tektro BMX brake levers :: $10 the pair
Taken new off an SE cruiser BMX and replaced with Paul levers by a brand queen. They're brake levers, they work. Take them away!
Last edited by singletracking on Sat May 03, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 12 times in total.
singletracking

by BNA » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 pm

BNA

Postby singletracking » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Sidi Dominator 5 shoes added to sale
singletracking

Postby singletracking » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:49 pm

More parts added - check the first post
singletracking

Postby singletracking » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:05 pm

Pics are up for the Sidis
singletracking

pedals

Postby stevebaby » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:46 am

The pedals arrived yesterday. Thanks heaps.
I've stripped them and regreased them and polished the unanodised body a bit. They now spin easily and are looking good. I'm going to replace the allen screws holding the cage to the body (which I eventually removed with a ground down screwdriver) with stainless cap heads.
Good looking pedals! I sat and just looked at them for half an hour.
My missus thinks I've lost it.
stevebaby

Postby brent84 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 am

i might be keen on the shoes...will need to try on a similar shoe to make sure that size fits

do you know any brands that are a comparable in size? i've been told they vary a lot
Some people say i have a bad attitude...those people are stupid.
brent84

Re: pedals

Postby singletracking » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:04 pm

stevebaby wrote:The pedals arrived yesterday. Thanks heaps.
I've stripped them and regreased them and polished the unanodised body a bit. They now spin easily and are looking good. I'm going to replace the allen screws holding the cage to the body (which I eventually removed with a ground down screwdriver) with stainless cap heads.

I'm glad you like them Steve! I presume that there's be pics of the finished bike soon(ish)?

(read: I can't believe I sold them for only $5!!!! Dammit!) ;-)

brent84 wrote:i might be keen on the shoes...will need to try on a similar shoe to make sure that size fits

do you know any brands that are a comparable in size? i've been told they vary a lot

You can download sizing comparison charts that tell you how each brand fit in comparison to another, but really, Trying shoes on is the only way to see if they fit.

However, in my experience, Sidis have a small toe box, like a Diadora also. Having tried them both on, the Sidi is about the same as a Diadora, perhaps slightly smaller. Specialized and Shimano shoes have larger toe boxes (that don't fit me).

Are you in Melbourne?
singletracking

Postby brent84 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:11 pm

No i'm in ACT...i think i'd need a larger size looking at some size charts. Bugger!
Some people say i have a bad attitude...those people are stupid.
brent84

Re: pedals

Postby stevebaby » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:16 am

singletracking wrote:
stevebaby wrote:The pedals arrived yesterday. Thanks heaps.

I'm glad you like them Steve! I presume that there's be pics of the finished bike soon(ish)?

(read: I can't believe I sold them for only $5!!!! Dammit!) ;-)

Your generosity has earned you many kharmic points and you will win the TdF in your next life. :)
stevebaby

Rims and wheels

Postby stevebaby » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:18 am

Wish I had known about those rims and/or wheels before I bought modern wheels....too late now! :(
stevebaby

Postby singletracking » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Me too...

The listing has just been updated - everything you see there is still for sale.
singletracking

Postby singletracking » Sat May 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Wheel sold, BBs sold, seatpost sold, bidon cage sold. Still a few things left
singletracking

Sidi Dominator

Postby phamcam » Sun May 04, 2008 10:14 pm

I'm keen on the shoes are they still for sale?
phamcam

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales