WTS [PER] - Bontrager XXX Lite Carbon Front Wheel

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTS [PER] - Bontrager XXX Lite Carbon Front Wheel

Postby the-waves » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi all,

I have one new Bontrager XXX Lite Carbon Front Wheel (tubular) for sale. This has still got the retail stickers on it (RRP $1399), I picked it up for $700 50% off sale price - and it has sat around waiting for me to get a tubular tyre and race it - this hasn't happened.

If someone is happy to give me $500 ono its yours.

Read the reviews - amazing wheels.
the-waves

by BNA » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 am

BNA

Re: WTS [PER] - Bontrager XXX Lite Carbon Front Wheel

Postby rabobank89 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 am

post removed by moderator
rabobank89

Postby stabbsy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Post removed by moderator
stabbsy

Postby the-waves » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm

I rang Clarence Street cyclery and they said that they sold all of those wheels in a matter of hours, they did say that no one will ever see them that cheap again as they were no longer distributing Trek, hence the liquidation.

Thanks for the input guys but unless you want to buy the wheel I don't think your input serves any constructive purpose.
the-waves

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Please take note of the marketplace rules and ensure any posts on this board are in line with the rules.

3. Replies and Discussion In the marketplace is not appropriate to post criticism of the seller, the product or the price. If you are genuinely interested then questions about the condition and details are encouraged in the thread. Responses that solely aim to discredit the seller, the product or suggest that the price is inflated or the product can be purchased elsewhere for less are not acceptable (though it is fair to ask whether the price is negotiable or to make the seller an offer).

If you feel that an offer in the marketplace is a scam or misleading, please report the post and provide a short explanation so that a moderater can address this.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mattwilkinson » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:34 pm

im_no_pro wrote:Please take note of the marketplace rules and ensure any posts on this board are in line with the rules.

3. Replies and Discussion In the marketplace is not appropriate to post criticism of the seller, the product or the price. If you are genuinely interested then questions about the condition and details are encouraged in the thread. Responses that solely aim to discredit the seller, the product or suggest that the price is inflated or the product can be purchased elsewhere for less are not acceptable (though it is fair to ask whether the price is negotiable or to make the seller an offer).

If you feel that an offer in the marketplace is a scam or misleading, please report the post and provide a short explanation so that a moderater can address this.

I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't people know that this guy could have bought them for $100 then just sold them for 4x profit? Honestly I believe people have the right to know how much the wheels were on sale for.

How would you feel if wiggle were selling wheels for $500 ant 75% off and you happened to pay $2000 for them because everyone had to keep there mouth shut.

Also the fact that he bought the front wheel only is suspicous. Exactly the same as this deal: http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/71129

OP, may I ask where the back wheel is?
mattwilkinson

Postby trek52 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:46 pm

I suppose it comes down to what is a wheel worth to someone, I have bought and sold cars and bikes over the years, some I made a profit on some I didnt.

How many people were paying more than $1999 for Ultergra bikes when you could buy an Argon 18 Krypton for that price or Giants being avalible with di2 for 42600....It comes down to the buyer if they want it enough and are happy with the price then it is their fault they payed to much. Yeah sure you could buy these wheels for $100 for one day 6 months ago can you u get them for that price now? no.

I have to disagree with the OP saying they are amazing wheels, they were light and fast in their day but they had terrible warranty issues with the rear as to why CSC had heaps of fronts. they warrantied rears and got sets !!!
trek52

Postby bunchridefinder » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Who cares what he originally paid for it? If you don't want it. Don't buy it.
bunchridefinder

Postby baralah » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 pm

bunchridefinder wrote:Who cares what he originally paid for it? If you don't want it. Don't buy it.

+1
The legs say NO!!!!! And brain can't do much......
baralah

Postby bianchi928 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 am

baralah wrote:
bunchridefinder wrote:Who cares what he originally paid for it? If you don't want it. Don't buy it.

+1

+2
Stand on my dog I cut off your head
bianchi928

Postby MarkG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 am

+ 69

Stupid sexy Flanders
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
MarkG

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales