Current Buyer Beware - Buyer Warning

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

Current Buyer Beware - Buyer Warning

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm

On BNA it is likely that we have now had our first ever bad transaction - or rather transaction that has not been satisfactorily resolved.

This is very much aimed at being a member to member area, less anonymous that gumtree, ebay or bikeexchange - you may have actually had online contact with the seller and for some of your sales choose this marketplace to give fellow forum members first dibs or a great deal. Mostly it works well but not always.

Taking precautions when you buy and sell is annoying however I would like to kindly remind everyone to take any steps necessary to protect yourself - even when a member has 150 posts, they are not automatically trustworthy.

---

Marketplace changes - currently in discussion with the mods for splitting WTS and WTB plus also some techy things that could really keep this closed and for members.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

by BNA » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 am

BNA

Re: Current Buyer Beware - Buyer Warning

Postby macca33 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 am

It is a shame to see these types of things occur, but you are 100% correct with the thread title and people should heed the warning.

cheers
'dale CAAD10 Berzerker Ult6800 & CAAD10 Team Ult6800

macca33

Postby MichaelB » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 pm

On another forum I was on some time ago (and it's also on WW or is it another ?? in a similar form), is to be able to provide a Reputation rating (voted by members).

Not sure how easy it is do do, but that could be a way to provide some history ?
MichaelB

Postby Philipthelam » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:01 pm

MichaelB wrote:On another forum I was on some time ago (and it's also on WW or is it another ?? in a similar form), is to be able to provide a Reputation rating (voted by members).

Not sure how easy it is do do, but that could be a way to provide some history ?

Yeah on another forum I go on there is a feedback option. The only problem is that no one ever uses it (I don't think they even know it is there!)
Philipthelam

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:52 pm

The buyer could just post in the sellers listing saying they were very happy with the product etc and then the seller could just link to those threads in his next sale to prove he / she is legit.
toolonglegs

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

toolonglegs wrote:The buyer could just post in the sellers listing saying they were very happy with the product etc and then the seller could just link to those threads in his next sale to prove he / she is legit.

LIKE, simple and most likely effective.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those members I've had the good fortune to trade with. A great bunch of sellers and buyers IMO A+++ :D
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Releng » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 am

This sort of stuff happens, I wasted a fair bit of time waiting for a payment to come through for a frame I had for sale. The member had over 200 posts so I trusted him. I had the box packed and labelled.
I later sold the frame on EBay with no dramas, for more money.
What annoyed the most was the lack of any acknowledgement from the buyer, he would not reply to pms.

Seller beware is the best attitude, always wait for the money to appear before sending anything.

But with all that said the positive buying and selling experiences far outweigh the bad transactions.

Mick
Releng

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales