WTS (MELB) Shogun Alpine GT Touring Cyclocross Frameset $120

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTS (MELB) Shogun Alpine GT Touring Cyclocross Frameset $120

Postby axeman74 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 pm

SHOGUN ALPINE GT VINTAGE TOURING CYCLOCROSS FRAMESET

Beautiful vintage Shogun Alpine GT Touring/Cyclocross frameset for sale.

I had plans of building this into my touring bike, but after careful consideration I have decided that the frame is unfortunately too big for me to be comfortable on long distance rides. Would build into an excellent touring or cyclocross bike.

High quality, Made in Japan, lugged cromo steel construction.

Built with Tange Infinity double butted cromo tubing.

Size is Top tube 57cm c-c and seat tube 56cm c-c

This is a proper touring bike frame, so has all the braze ons including Canti/V-brake mounts, double dropout eyelets front and rear, and mid-mount eyelets on the forks.

Comes with Shimano 600 (ultegra) sealed bearing headset (bearings have just been repacked and are very smooth) and a Sugino alloy seat post, but nothing else- as pictured.

I have fully prepped this frame, including facing and chasing the bottom bracket, facing and reaming the head tube, facing the crown race seat and chasing the fork steerer thread. I have also respaced the rear triangle to 135mm for use with MTB hubs, including realigning the rear triangle and front and rear dropouts with Park frame alignment tools. I can respace the triangle back to 126/130 if the buyer prefers that spacing. All other threads on the frame have been chased including the brake bosses.

Please note- this frame was designed for 27” wheels, so if you are planning on using 700c wheels, you will need to experiment in order to find a brake package that works. For example, my Tektro CR720 cantis will not work with 700C’s on this frame, but several V-brakes that I have tried on this frame work without a problem. This isn’t a big issue, but something the purchaser should be aware of in advance.

Structurally the frame is excellent- no rust, dents, cracks or other damage. Cosmetically the paintwork shows year of wear and tear, but overall is pretty good for its age, and would come up nicely with a cut and polish. The stencilled decals have rubbed off in places but are still mostly intact.

Lots of pictures of the frameset here;

http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m54 ... pine%20GT/

I would prefer a local sale but am willing to courier Australia wide if someone really wants it. Please PM me for courier costs- expect approx. $40-50 for eastern states. I may also be able to deliver inner north of Melbourne for a keen buyer.

Asking $120.00

axeman74

by BNA » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

BNA

Re: WTS (MELB) Shogun Alpine GT Touring Cyclocross Frameset

Postby WestcoastPete » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

I'll take it!

Peter
WestcoastPete

Re: WTS (MELB) Shogun Alpine GT Touring Cyclocross Frameset

Postby axeman74 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Sold pending payment