WTS - BRIS - Koiled titanium road bike

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

Re: WTS - BRIS - Koiled titanium road bike

Postby lloyd83 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:42 pm

that's probably not too silly an idea - except the free part...

I'd imagine you'd get some interest from punters who wouldn't mind paying a fee for a long-term loan to test ride a Ti bike or frame fitted with their own gear before making the full commitment.

You could set a deposit to cover your piece of mind in case of any scratches or anything, although Ti is pretty tough for that isn't it?
lloyd83

by BNA » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 pm

BNA

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 pm

sumgy wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:How about I look after it on a long term free loan.

Just so it's not cluttering up your garage :)

Will cost you more than I am asking to get your leg extension surgery.

I've got long shanks for my height. 78.3cm saddle height. Plus I don't like a big saddle to bar drop. :)
singlespeedscott

Postby boss » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:05 pm

The price is right, at $2500 or best offer it should sell on eBay.

Personally it has piqued my interest for that price, but I'm a 56.

As for the loan idea (not to Scott - to a buyer)... Sounds like a sure fire way to get screwed,
boss

Postby the-waves » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 pm

I might be missing something here but roughly what size rider is this frame for?
the-waves

Postby sumgy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 pm

the-waves wrote:I might be missing something here but roughly what size rider is this frame for?

It is a 58cm ETT and I am 6'3" tall. I would say suitable for someone taller than 6' tall.
sumgy

Postby timbercomp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm

boss wrote:The price is right, at $2500 or best offer it should sell on eBay.

I'm not sure how the ad would read, though?
I still wonder who built the frame. "Someone, somewhere in the USA" isnt an answer that inspires the confidence (in me, anyway) to drop $2,500 on a used frameset.
With no information other than what has been presetned so far, the frame will be competing with heaps of new frames from (as it stands "other")no-name manufacturers at half the price (and at the original asking price of $2,500 frame only, was competing with brand new "nice" ti frames like a basic seven axiom)
This might be a great buy, but where are the details? 58sq with a 10mm HT extension and wright style dropouts is half a start, but what about the tubing? Is it butted or straight guage? BB drop? stack and reach? chainstay length? HT and ST angles? Most impotant (to me, if i was buying) would be tell us who built it. This is all stuff that people spending a lot of cash on a bike will probably want to know. Put up the drawing that someone surely put together before the frame was built. Give us a reason to fall in love with it!

These days, reality is this bike is competing with every other "for sale" ti frameset in the world. At $2500 frameset, another $200 postage is nothing, so US/euro ebay, US and UK online retailers, they all are competing with the bike. The info needs to be there to fight the good fight.
Retro MTB fan
timbercomp

Postby sumgy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 pm

timbercomp wrote:
boss wrote:The price is right, at $2500 or best offer it should sell on eBay.

I'm not sure how the ad would read, though?
I still wonder who built the frame. "Someone, somewhere in the USA" isnt an answer that inspires the confidence (in me, anyway) to drop $2,500 on a used frameset.
With no information other than what has been presetned so far, the frame will be competing with heaps of new frames from (as it stands "other")no-name manufacturers at half the price (and at the original asking price of $2,500 frame only, was competing with brand new "nice" ti frames like a basic seven axiom)
This might be a great buy, but where are the details? 58sq with a 10mm HT extension and wright style dropouts is half a start, but what about the tubing? Is it butted or straight guage? BB drop? stack and reach? chainstay length? HT and ST angles? Most impotant (to me, if i was buying) would be tell us who built it. This is all stuff that people spending a lot of cash on a bike will probably want to know. Put up the drawing that someone surely put together before the frame was built. Give us a reason to fall in love with it!

These days, reality is this bike is competing with every other "for sale" ti frameset in the world. At $2500 frameset, another $200 postage is nothing, so US/euro ebay, US and UK online retailers, they all are competing with the bike. The info needs to be there to fight the good fight.

It is built by Generic if that helps you.
If you do not know who that is, they are one of the bigger frame builders in the US and do contract work for a number of the boutique builders.
Tubing is butted.

Here is the original drawing that was provided to them:

sumgy

Postby timbercomp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Good man :)
And good luck.
Retro MTB fan
timbercomp

Postby sumgy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Lets try this one more time.
Massive price drop.

$3500ono COMPLETE
sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:21 am

Bumping.
Really happy to consider reasonable offers.
sumgy

Postby sumgy » Fri May 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Looking to sell the frame only for $1700ono
sumgy

Previous

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales