[SYD] - BNIB Giro Gauge MTB shoes (odd sizes)

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

[SYD] - BNIB Giro Gauge MTB shoes (odd sizes)

Postby slowK » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Item: Brand new in box Giro Gauge carbon MTB shoes. Black. Left is a 42.5 high volume, right is a 44 normal

Price: Free. But if you'd care to make a donation to Marc Simone's Everyday Hero page, that'd be good karma. He was the cyclist killed on the M4 a few weeks ago while training for a charity ride. Info here: http://www.everydayhero.com.au/marcsimone

Postage Available: pickup only. Inner west Sydney. Concord during work hours.

Details: Bought from an ebay seller. Meant to be 42.5 Gauge HV shoes, but arrived as a mismatched pair. Contacted seller in the USA, who refunded my money and didn't want me to post them back to him (he no longer had the other side to go with it). So I'm not out of pocket, but have a brand new set of mismatched shoes sitting in a box.

If it helps, I'm a 42 in Specialized and 43 in Shimano. The 42.5 HV left and regular 44 right feel like the same width, but the right is obviously longer. My Specialized BG Comps actually feel a bit comfier/wider than these do - I think this suits someone with not-super-wide feet. The Supernatural fit kit with different arch supports also don't match (no medium/orange for right innersole)

As far as I can tell, this colour and the HV version isn't available in Australia. The titanium colour (non-HV) retails for $249 here.

So if you have wonky feet that fit these - you're welcome to have them!

slowK

by BNA » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 pm

BNA

Re: WTS/give away [SYD] - BNIB Giro Gauge MTB shoes (odd siz

Postby eldavo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Interested to dip toe into trying out clips, but will leave to a local if anyone wants to pick up and put the $$$ towards more donation.

I had seen his charity site some time ago, didn't know of his accident til now. :cry:
eldavo

Postby TZ2102 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:54 pm

would these fit if IM a shimano 43?
TZ2102

Postby slowK » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 pm

TZ2102 wrote:would these fit if IM a shimano 43?

I had a pair of Shimano MO-86s in a 43 a few years ago that fitted me well. The 42.5 HV feels a bit tighter in width than those did, especially on my little toe. Length seems fine. The 44 width is pretty similar to the left, but obviously longer.
slowK

Postby slowK » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Given away!
slowK

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales