1972 LeJeune road bike 58 top tube, nuovo record

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

1972 LeJeune road bike 58 top tube, nuovo record

Postby timbercomp » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:52 am

Hello,

I am keen to sell my LeJeune. Combination of making way for other things and it being a little too small for me have made the decision easy-ish.

Item - 1972 LeJeune "World Champion" model, french gauge 531 butted tubing through the frame and fork blades. 59cm c to c seat tube, 58cm c to c top tube.

Groupset is full Campagnolo Nuovo Record. Hoods are dia compe which are a good fit but not original. The front brake has a non-original adjuster but I have a couple of these in less than perfect condition to include. With a bit of a polish and addition of an o-ring, they will be complete again.

There are two sets of wheels included. One set is the original high flange record hubs (126mm OLN) to mavic tubulars in excellent condition. They have Panaracer Practice tubs glued (taped) on... badly. The second set is a pair of clinchers that are slightly newer than the bike. The hubs are low flange record, 126mm OLN, to ambrosio elite (not sure if theyre extra or super extra) clinchers. No tires included on these. The condition is below excellent, maybe "very good for their age"... not show bike wheels at all. Braking surface has seen little use but has been scuffed from being in a shed a long time, I suspect. Both rear wheels have japanese freewheels, something like 13-26, installed

You also get two seatposts. One that has been chewed up badly, and one that was NOS til I put it in the frame a few months ago. I am riding the post at its limit mark, so above this, its still as new. Both 26.4mm.

Saddle is a cinelli unicanitor, leather covered, no real padding ot speak of. There were two scuffs on the saddle that I put some shoe polish on and they are looking good. From afar, its perfect. The yellow logo on the side is looking quite fresh and new.
Bar is Cinelli CdM, wide and deep, and the stem is a 1A that I sanded down to fit the french headset. Both in very good nic. Bars are wrapped in yellow cloth tape which has been shellaced and I think they look pretty ace.

Condition to note:
Frame has a fairly solid scratch just below the decal on the DT on the non drive side. I dont have a pic of that yet, but will get one. This is what makes the bike a bargain... you need to be looking at the bike from the height of a 5 year old or younger to see it, but its still kind of a big deal. importantly, the tube doesnt seem to be gouged, but its through to the paint. Anyway, the pic will show it all.

Pics LeJeune front quarter | Flickr - Photo Sharing! and around it

Price $700 but make an offer! Also, if you are keen on the group, which is in wonderful condition, let me know. Keen on either wheelset, send me an offer! I want it gone.

Postage - I'd prefer not to. I will be in Melbourne at some point soon, and can deliver to western outskirts of Sydney without too much drama (like, meet me near the highway or something) and of course I can bring it to you if in Canberra, Wagga, Yass, Goulburn, Cooma, Jindabyne, Bega, Batemans Bay or Albury.

Contact via PM or sms!
Retro MTB fan
timbercomp

by BNA » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 am

BNA

Re: 1972 LeJeune road bike 58 top tube, nuovo record

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 am

I think there's a line at your door already. Lovely!
Dan

Postby timbercomp » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 am

Ah, thanks Dan! I hope someone will love it.

Some info on the marque can be found below
http://www.classicrendezvous.com/France ... ejeune.htm
http://classiclightweights.net/france/lejeune/
http://sheldonbrown.com/vrbn-g-n.html (scroll down to LeJeune)

Cheers,
JP
Retro MTB fan
timbercomp

Postby Slow6 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 am

Stunning.
Slow6

Postby tripstobaltimore » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Lovely, and a steal at that price. Good luck :)
tripstobaltimore

Postby rogerrabbit » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 am

Where are you located?
rogerrabbit

Postby timbercomp » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Oops! Should have mentioned that i am in canberra.
Retro MTB fan
timbercomp

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Free bump - surprised this hasn't sold.
Dan

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales