WTB [Syd] shifters 3x8 speed

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTB [Syd] shifters 3x8 speed

Postby find_bruce » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I am looking for a pair of shifters, 3x8 speed, shimano, for a flat bar bike.

While there are a few options new, I was looking for something a bit better quality, XT, deore etc. Of course I want em cheap too :)

I want to standardise my spare commuter & am in the process of upgrading the brakes to hydraulic discs, so I need to replace the combined brake / shifter units with spearate shifter pods. The other thing is that commuter #1 has an alfine shifter, which works in the opposite way to standard shifters - gets me every time I switch bikes. I am planning to address that too by going to a rapid rise rear derailleur so the shifter will work backwards. Will stuff up gear indicator numbers so I don't care if the shifter doesn't have them.
find_bruce

by BNA » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 am

BNA

Re: WTB [Syd] shifters 3x8 speed

Postby rangersac » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 am

This isn't going to help you in your quest for some shifters, but out of interest, if you are looking to get rid of the 3x8 speed units (provided they are in reasonable nick!) I might take them off your hands depending on what model they are. I'm slowly upgrading various bits on my commuter, hence the inquiry.
rangersac

Postby gclark8 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:48 pm

I have some here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=61296
gclark8

Postby find_bruce » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks gclark8, unless I am reading your post incrorectly, unfortunately you don't list what I am after.

• "ESTR221TPCAL 1pr Shimano ST-R225 8+3 Speed Shifters, Levers, Cables, Black, Flat Bar Road" is listed on the shimano website as having an integrated road-compatible brake levers, ie not what I am after. It may however be useful to Rangersac, depending on his brakes.
  • "SLR-440-3 1 Flat Bar Road Shifter, Front 3 speed" would be useful, however you only appear to have the right & I am looking for a pair. In any event I would be haggling on price.
Rangersac, for your sake I sincerely hope my shifters are not an upgrade for you - they are Shimano ST-EF 50, ie entry level, combined levers for V brakes. The right hand seems to be tough on shifter cables. As an added negative, I have mismatched pair in that the right is the original black 2 finger brake lever, however I broke the left lever & the only replacement I could find was a silver 4 finger lever. If, despite my trash talk, you actually want them, once I replace them I would be happy to pass them on for postage
find_bruce

Postby rangersac » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:06 pm

@find_bruce, thanks for your reply. Mine are the ST-R225 set that gclark8 has, so I'm looking at an improvement on them in the future. I might just go down the pod and separate brake handle route that you are doing anyway as there's more variety out there.
rangersac

Postby gclark8 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:28 pm

"SLR-440-3 1 Flat Bar Road Shifter, Front 3 speed"
It is a Left, 3 speed silver. Any offer with post is ok. :)
gclark8

Postby gclark8 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:09 pm

gclark8 wrote:
"SLR-440-3 1 Flat Bar Road Shifter, Front 3 speed"
It is a Left, 3 speed silver. Any offer with post is ok. :)

Sorry, all sold!
Cheers,
George.
gclark8

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales