[SYD] US made Titanium Road Bike - Campagnolo Centaur - 8kg

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

[SYD] US made Titanium Road Bike - Campagnolo Centaur - 8kg

Postby lincolnsydney » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm selling my US made titanium road bike, and have just spent today giving it a good little detail for the next lucky owner!

The frame is made by a US company, called TiSports, who Mongoose used when they were making some high end road frames. Here's the blurb on it:

TST's proprietary weld fixtures and "zero gap" tube miter policy are designed so frames are so closely aligned after welding that little if any post weld alignment is necessary. Frames are aligned within 0.020" from the centerline of the frame, measured from the head-tube to the dropout.

Each frame is checked four times during fabrication and a final 27-step quality check is performed before packaging. A frame packet is attached to each frame as it moves through the shop and all 27 measurement values are recorded and kept on file at our plant.

Meticulous attention to quality and numerous in process and final QC checks ensure that every titanium frame produced by TST is the best in the industry.

TST Titanium 3Al-2.5V Bike Frames

U.S. Made Quality
In-House Design Service
Our Reputation Speaks for Itself
We have Built for the Best in the Business
Call TST for your OEM Titanium Needs

It's a 56cm frame, TT 560. STA 73.5, HTA 73, Chainstay 410, HT 145.

It has Ovalised chainstays, tapered seat stays, 1" headset and machined dropouts. The welds are just gorgeous.

So 1" forks are hard to find nowadays, but I've got one of the best before everyone went 1 1/8", Look HSC3. This has a carbon steerer, which is quite rare in a 1" fork. It's light by today's standards and very stiff. It has a Colnago threadless headset on it. The rest of the build is:

Deda Newton 44cm OS bars
Deda Newton 110mm OS stem
Campagnolo Centaur CT (compact) with 172.5mm cranks - the one with the higher end chain rings, they're lovely!
Campagnolo Centaur Bottom Bracket (square taper) (note, campag need a specific BB for Compact in Square taper)
Centaur brakes
Centaur 10sp levers (carbon and have had their bushings replaced recently)
Campag (Pretty sure it's Veloce) 12-25 10sp
White Industry LTA hubs, mounted to Velocity Fusion ~30mm rims. Front is 18h radial and the rear is 24h in radial NDS and 3x DS. It's running Wheelsmith bladed, aero spokes. Although in the interest of full disclosure I have had to replace a two spokes with DT ones.
Camagnolo Veloce Quick Release levers
Selle Italia Flite Gel - pretty rare things now. Just gave it a leather shampoo and conditioning.
Schwalbe Ultremos

Erm that's about it. I've had it for a few years. It's been rock solid and reliable. It takes a beating as it's titanium, so tough as can be! It's a polished surface and there are no stickers on it... very stealthy! Only badge on is on the seat tube for the builder and confirms the Ti used. It's quite a light bike with that fork on it - 8kg in this build. It could go lighter, if that's your thing.

Here's a review http://www.cyclinginteractive.com/workshop/tisport

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Price: $1,200

I've had a few people interested in breaking the bike up. I'll give it a couple of weeks before going down that route. It's a lovely bike build, so prefer to keep it together.

Cheers,

Lincoln

For more pictures, see the link here. I've taken close up pictures of the chain rings and braking track, so you can see what shape the parts are in. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a6qkqmjxs49e ... e/Titanium
lincolnsydney

by BNA » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:59 pm

BNA

Re: [SYD] US made Titanium Road Bike - Campagnolo Centaur -

Postby jacob_T » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Nice one Lincoln!
Price?
jacob_T

Postby lincolnsydney » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Jacob,

I know I seem to talk a lot, but $1,200 at the bottom of my blabbering.

Yes, I'm happy to post. Greyhound bus freight is the cheapest for a bike.

- Lincoln
lincolnsydney

Postby old al » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:16 pm

I've seen this in the flesh. It is a lovely bike and an absolute bargain for the price Lincoln is asking. If you want to go titanium then grab it!

It's my bloody size to!

Al.
old al

Postby lincolnsydney » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:13 pm

It looks like everything after my quote got cut. On my browser it's fine, but not on my iPad. So apologies if you see this bit twice.

It's a 56cm frame, TT 560. STA 73.5, HTA 73, Chainstay 410, HT 145.

It has Ovalised chainstays, tapered seat stays, 1" headset and machined dropouts. The welds are just gorgeous.

So 1" forks are hard to find nowadays, but I've got one of the best before everyone went 1 1/8", Look HSC3. This has a carbon steerer, which is quite rare in a 1" fork. It's light by today's standards and very stiff. It has a Colnago threadless headset on it. The rest of the build is:

Deda Newton 44cm OS bars
Deda Newton 110mm OS stem
Campagnolo Centaur CT (compact) with 172.5mm cranks - the one with the higher end chain rings, they're lovely!
Campagnolo Centaur Bottom Bracket (square taper) (note, campag need a specific BB for Compact in Square taper)
Centaur brakes
Centaur 10sp levers (carbon and have had their bushings replaced recently)
Campag (Pretty sure it's Veloce) 12-25 10sp
White Industry LTA hubs, mounted to Velocity Fusion ~30mm rims. Front is 18h radial and the rear is 24h in radial NDS and 3x DS. It's running Wheelsmith bladed, aero spokes. Although in the interest of full disclosure I have had to replace a two spokes with DT ones.
Camagnolo Veloce Quick Release levers
Selle Italia Flite Gel - pretty rare things now. Just gave it a leather shampoo and conditioning.
Schwalbe Ultremos

Erm that's about it. I've had it for a few years. It's been rock solid and reliable. It takes a beating as it's titanium, so tough as can be! It's a polished surface and there are no stickers on it... very stealthy! Only badge on is on the seat tube for the builder and confirms the Ti used. It's quite a light bike with that fork on it - 8kg in this build. It could go lighter, if that's your thing.

Here's a review http://www.cyclinginteractive.com/workshop/tisport

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Price: $1,200

I've had a few people interested in breaking the bike up. I'll give it a couple of weeks before going down that route. It's a lovely bike build, so prefer to keep it together.

Cheers,

Lincoln

For more pictures, see the link here. I've taken close up pictures of the chain rings and braking track, so you can see what shape the parts are in. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a6qkqmjxs49e ... e/Titanium
lincolnsydney

Postby rheicel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:48 pm

my wallet is :) Too big for me.
rheicel

Postby marckietan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 pm

PM sent.
marckietan

Postby lincolnsydney » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Sold pending payment! :) :)
lincolnsydney

Postby old al » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

I feel sick. It was there in front of me. Must have been the rainy day. Bugger!

Al.
old al

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales