[VIC] ~1990 Apollo Concorde

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

[VIC] ~1990 Apollo Concorde

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Item: Apollo Concorde. Circa 1990 based on component dates
Price: sold
Postage Available: Preferably not, but if I dont get any local interest then maybe. Pickup is available from Geelong or Altona North (Altona during business hours only)
Details:
Frame: Tange 900 DB 61cm ST, 58cm TT (ctc, going by memory here but will confirm if required)
Forks: 4130 Cro-Mo
Gruppo: Full Shimano Exage Sport LX (including hubs). Top of the range road Exage from that period according to the dealer catalog I have. Date codes are combination of 1989 and 1990
Rims: One is a Wolber, the other an Alesa
Condition: Fantastic for a bike thats near on a quarter century old. YMMV of course, inspection is welcomed.

Has been almost completely stripped and rebuilt. Only thing I didnt do was the rear wheel, it has a slight wobble but nothing serious. Front wheel rebuilt & trued with NOS spokes, has a tiny hop in it but nothing serious/noticable. Brand new Cables (inc outers), Bar tape, genuine Shimano lever hoods (not exage ones though, only difference is aesthetic), Schwalbe tyres, tubes, KMC chain. Existing brake pads had plenty of meat. Headset and BB regreased. Was going to rebuild the hubs but they spin like new so didnt bother. Rides really nicely, it's just too big for me. Has been tuned, but not to perfection given I was only going to be redoing it after the cables stretched anyway. Includes following items not in pictures: Pedals, original (faded) flouro yellow bidon cage & a set of average condition tri-bars that look to be about the same age as the bike. There is also the orignal computer someone had put on it, no idea if it works but i'll chuck it in as well should you want it. Was a cateye from memory.

Peectures:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 am

BNA

Re: [VIC] ~1990 Apollo Concorde

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 am

Bumpage. Open to offers on this, would like to try and recoup what i've put into it but willing to take a bit of a hit to move it on, get it out of my shed and into the hands of someone that will use it 8)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:34 am

this is a steal. someone get on it.
Dan

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 am

Bump. Will be heading to gumtree/feebay soonish.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales