[SYD] - Steel road frame + chrome fork with BB

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

[SYD] - Steel road frame + chrome fork with BB

Postby KGB » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Item: Random steel road frame with chromed fork
Price: $50 ono
Postage Available: Willing to post but probably not worth it
Details: For sale is an old steel road frame I bought to make into a townie. I bought it long enough ago that I should have finished it by now so its time to cut and run. I bought frame only as you see it, painted black and with unknown branding / origin etc. The paint is a bit of a ratty job but seems pretty recent without too much scratching etc. I fitted a Shimano sealed BB, probably a UN-53. I've got a chromed fork I was going to use that is in need of a polish but in pretty good condition. I did a test fit and rode a lap of the block, the fork suits the geometry and handles well.
Size is about 53cm square, I think. Can check exact measurements if anyone is concerned.
The Bad: frame is 27" and fork is 700C - you'll need a long reach caliper on the rear and short reach on the front. Some minor rust spots on the fork but they generally scratch off with my fingernail, should polish up well. The fork has a threaded steerer but not enough thread to fit the headset properly (steerer is too long for the frame) - either get the thread cut further to run a threaded headset OR, just have your threadless headset clamping half on blank steerer and half on the threaded section like I was planning on.

Selling for $50 as the frame, fork and BB cost me more than that added up but I've also just bought a nice SE Lager so this beast needs to move out.

Pickup preferred from Cronulla, 2230. I'm on school hols until the end of January so can also help out with delivery if close or meeting somewhere more convenient for the buyer. I'm on limited internet at the moment so please check the dropbox link for a photo.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/j8mqutdfsvwm0ic/t9hmxklvwl
KGB

by BNA » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:44 am

BNA

Re: [SYD] - Steel road frame + chrome fork with BB

Postby KGB » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:44 am

I'm not going to use this guys so any offers will be considered!
KGB

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales