Post your Fixie piccies

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:47 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Looking good Ant! Crank combo is killer!

My recent all weather SS commuter, i dub it my #Monsterslate

CAAD4 F700 / DLR2 speedy 110 lefty, 26x2.4 Holy Rollers, SRAM S500s to TRP Spyers. Running 44/16 with a RaceFace Deus cranks but i reckon i can go a 45, just hard to find!

*whispers* Daaamn...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Ant_S

Postby Ant_S » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:05 pm

P!N20 - good point. I just checked and the rear one is backwards too! I actually did look at the arrows when I was doing it, I think I must have had a 'left is right' kind of day and somehow checked the arrows then put them both on the wrong way? Ah well. They seem to be wearing ok *Shrug*

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 pm

^ I was just being a smart 4rse. :P

You could just rotate your front wheel if you were worried about it. Rear isn't quite so easy.

I doubt there would ever be a situation that hitting the deck or keeping it upright ever came down to whether your Gatorskin was mounted the right way.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 am

Bored at work so here we go…

Kona Paddywagon, purchased new in 2009. Absolute workhorse, has done +150k rides, all weather commuting, child portaging, alleycats and everything in between. Original wheelset was swapped out when the rear hub thread stripped. FSA cranks broke and replaced with Suginos. Just a few days ago put new bearings in the rear wheel and put the stock front wheel back on as the brake surface in the black front was seriously concaved. Got a new sprocket and chain to put on and need to get the knock in the headset looked at.

McBain Record 1982, purchased from Tim of Velosmith fame. Originally a Tasmanian, I always wanted a Tassie made frame, so jumped at the chance when this came up for sale. Was in a pretty sorry state when I bought it, so stripped it down and built it up with period correct parts. Managed to do all the work myself including building the wheels in order to teach myself how bikes work. I love riding this when the sun is shining, unfortunately it’s a tad small for me (54, usually ride a 56) so it probably doesn’t get out as much as it should.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Solid. Is the Kona fixed?
- Kym
Infrequently reading & contributing these days. Still reachable by PM (email alerts) - dec 2016

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 pm

^ Absolutely!

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 am

the everyday fixie in its current guise

more pics >here<
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 am

^ Frame looks a bit McBain-ish with the fork crown and track end cut outs.

Actually, did you get this from 'delno' in Tas? It looks like one he was showing me when I was down there a few years back.

Do the holes in the fork crown limit this to dry weather only or don't you worry about it?

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 pm

P!N20 wrote:^ Frame looks a bit McBain-ish with the fork crown and track end cut outs.

Actually, did you get this from 'delno' in Tas? It looks like one he was showing me when I was down there a few years back.

Do the holes in the fork crown limit this to dry weather only or don't you worry about it?

Yeah not quite sure about the builder, McBain was suggested but nothing conclusive. Carl Wilson was also thrown around as a suggestion. I've only ever seen one other track frame with identical drillings.

I got the frame from Gypsy, who was based in Brisbane but now is in Canberra with Kumo.

I'm not concerned about water getting into the fork, I sprayed a generous coat of Inox into the fork blades and they haven't rusted despite being caught in the rain on the odd occasion.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

PeteV

Postby PeteV » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:56 am

Long time no post! Have been off in the world of powerlifting for a few years, got nice & strong & fat, now retired from that due to injuries and back on the bike. I decided at my age, I deserved something a little nicer than the Mojo, with friendlier geometry for commuting to work and along the plentiful bike paths near me. V4 On One Pompino frameset ordered & cobbled together with bits and pieces I had stored away. Have just replaced the brick like Turbo saddle with a Charge Spoon. Let's see if I can remember how to post pics....

Return to “Fixed Gear/ Single Speed”