Post your Fixie piccies

The place for fixies and other rides without gears

Post your Fixie piccies

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 am

HappyHumber wrote:Teny Rims = Tupperware?
Tupperware is cool. Especially the iceblock makers.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

by BNA » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 am

BNA
 

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby ohexploitable » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 am

Teny Rims are UNIQUE because they are SHOCK ABSORBENT, WIND RESISTANT and come in a VARIETY OF COLORS.

Why are Teny Rims UNIQUE? Teny Rims are SHOCK ABSORBENT, preventing the bike from rebound no matter what the surface be it rugged, bumpy, or rough road. Teny Rims provide a more comfortable ride over traditional rims.

Teny Rims have LOW WIND RESISTANCE . Traditional bicycle rims always bring some uncertain volume of wind resistance when spinning. The bike will start decelerating immediately if you stop pedalling. Teny Rims are designed according to the Centrifugal Force and Windmill Theory so the bike will not decelerate right away. When in riding, the bike will be faster, easier to move and accelerate the speed.
User avatar
ohexploitable
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby Kwaichang » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 am

HLC wrote:Friends don't let friends buy teny rims.

Really? That bad huh?
Appreciate the advice what's the issue with them? Just no good?
User avatar
Kwaichang
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby mrgolf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 am

ohexploitable wrote:Teny Rims are UNIQUE because they are SHOCK ABSORBENT, WIND RESISTANT and come in a VARIETY OF COLORS.

Why are Teny Rims UNIQUE? Teny Rims are SHOCK ABSORBENT, preventing the bike from rebound no matter what the surface be it rugged, bumpy, or rough road. Teny Rims provide a more comfortable ride over traditional rims.

Teny Rims have LOW WIND RESISTANCE . Traditional bicycle rims always bring some uncertain volume of wind resistance when spinning. The bike will start decelerating immediately if you stop pedalling. Teny Rims are designed according to the Centrifugal Force and Windmill Theory so the bike will not decelerate right away. When in riding, the bike will be faster, easier to move and accelerate the speed.


You clearly haven't been keeping up to date with the deep light wheel thread.

But for the record, if they keep momentum due to the forces of physics you describe, it would no doubt be because they are heavy. If that is true, they would be less able to change direction quickly, which means the bike would be less manoeverable. Furthermore, to suggest they would be more shock absorbing than a spoked wheel is intriguing, especially in light of the fact that trad spokes are essentially sprung between hub and rim. This spring action means impacts are essentially absorbed between hubs and rims. Can you explain how a thick aluminum spoke gives better shock absorption than a thin steel spoke?
Image
mrgolf
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 am

ohexploitable wrote:Teny Rims are UNIQUE because ...

Why are Teny Rims UNIQUE? Teny Rims are SHOCK ABSORBENT,.....

Teny Rims have LOW WIND RESISTANCE . ....


Thanks for that bit of marketting copy. I still reckon they look utter cack.

Just because you may have justified buying them for yourself - don't feel the need to justify them to others. We've all had our bad fashion moments. I continually am out of whack with the cyclical trends of decades rehashing themselves.
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
User avatar
HappyHumber
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 pm

I think based on that bit of copy they should be rebranded as 'crock of Teny'.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm

How could you argue with this?

Image
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
User avatar
HappyHumber
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby bychosis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Strong and tenacity. I must buy. Where I can send coins to embezzle?
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.
User avatar
bychosis
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:10 pm
Location: Lake Macquarie

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Something about those colours and shapes.... makes me want a tasty alcoholic beverage with a slice of lime or lemon. That could just be me though.
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
User avatar
HappyHumber
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HLC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm

ohexploitable wrote:Teny Rims are UNIQUE because they are SHOCK ABSORBENT, WIND RESISTANT and come in a VARIETY OF COLORS.

Why are Teny Rims UNIQUE? Teny Rims are SHOCK ABSORBENT, preventing the bike from rebound no matter what the surface be it rugged, bumpy, or rough road. Teny Rims provide a more comfortable ride over traditional rims.

Teny Rims have LOW WIND RESISTANCE . Traditional bicycle rims always bring some uncertain volume of wind resistance when spinning. The bike will start decelerating immediately if you stop pedalling. Teny Rims are designed according to the Centrifugal Force and Windmill Theory so the bike will not decelerate right away. When in riding, the bike will be faster, easier to move and accelerate the speed.


I'd love to see the aero data of a Teny rim compared to say, a Hed 3...


When you say that the rims are designed according to Centrifugal Force/Windmill Theory, don't you just mean that they are designed like a flywheel, and when they are up to speed they just keep rotating because they are so damn heavy??
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm

There's a remarkably similar spiel posted about their MTB rims posted on bikeforums.net - pretty easily found. Talks of "windmill theory making the most of perpetual motion" or something similar. Quite an amusing thread. The OP comes back once or twice too :D
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
User avatar
HappyHumber
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby ohexploitable » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 pm

hahahahdashdashhahahahas

oh my god

stop it

stop it please

ahashdhsahahahahahahahahah
User avatar
ohexploitable
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:57 pm

bychosis wrote:Strong and tenacity. I must buy. Where I can send coins to embezzle?

Shouldn't you wait for our resident self-appointed wheel guru to offer his critique first :P
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 26011
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby landscapecadmonkey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:20 pm

time filler fixie.... bits and pieces

Apollo (Kuwahara ) frame
Reid wheels (quando+alex rims... cheap but do the job very well)
Cinelli Stem and Bars
Tricolour front brake with generic lever.
Maxxis refuse tyres
Steel cranks from old Europa bought for $3.50 on fleabay
Shimano sealed BB
cheap Velo saddle
Sakae pedals (pain ita)

commute on, around town on... friends and relos plaything.

(and trainable.... taught to self balance on 2 tyres !!)

Image
Image
chop wood
User avatar
landscapecadmonkey
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:46 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Slick x 2. I need a quick photoshop tute btw.


[insert witty tag line here]
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby landscapecadmonkey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Dan wrote:Slick x 2. I need a quick photoshop tute btw.


[insert witty tag line here]

yeah...PS is a little bit of cheating, but it makes the image represent how the 'mind sees it'. (hey...theres a phd in there somewhere :-))
chop wood
User avatar
landscapecadmonkey
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:46 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 am

landscapecadmonkey wrote:Image


Smooooth.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6787
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HLC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:53 pm

get some foot retention!
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HLC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 pm

So put this together as a street whip so I can reserve my Bridgestone to pure track/sunday ride type business.

Just waiting for my new carbon wheel set to turn up so I can remove the current boat anchors on there.

That is, replacing a 2.5kg wheelset with a 1300gram wheelset. Should tip the scales at about 7.3kg total weight. About 6.8/9 if I swap out the Campy track pedals for my keo's.

Image
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby landscapecadmonkey » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm

HLC wrote:Image

looks like a Surly Tuggnut in the rear there... ... thats a nice little flourish on a minimalist bike...
chop wood
User avatar
landscapecadmonkey
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:46 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HLC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:30 pm

landscapecadmonkey wrote:
HLC wrote:Image

looks like a Surly Tuggnut in the rear there... ... thats a nice little flourish on a minimalist bike...


No tugnut. Just beefy drop outs. They have inbuilt chain tensioners anyway.
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:40 am

HLC wrote:Image



THAT is your street whip?! :shock:

Looks VERY nice.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6787
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby MilkRacer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 am

Bit o porn rite there guv. :lol:
Image
User avatar
MilkRacer
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Campy Record Pista cranks are emminently fappable.
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
User avatar
HappyHumber
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Re: Post your Fixie piccies

Postby HLC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 pm

HappyHumber wrote:Campy Record Pista cranks are emminently fappable.


Never been a fan of the modern ones... Had been hunting for a set of old Pista's to go on my Hillman track project, but scored these new ones with BB for an incredible price (all new).

Once I got them out of the box/installed them, yeah, I'm sold. I prefer them to the DA 7600's on my Bridgestone, which I thought were some of the best looking cranks ever!
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.

PreviousNext

Return to Fixed Gear/ Single Speed

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit