Any Cooper Bikes love?

The place for fixies and other rides without gears

Any Cooper Bikes love?

Postby leighthebee » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm

I am a massive F1 nut, particularly the older grand prix stuff pre-tobacco sponsorship, so these REALLY appeal.

I have only just hopped off the mountain bike onto a road bike and now I find these. dare I add to the stable? :evil:

http://www.cooperbikes.com/
leighthebee

by BNA » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:32 pm

BNA

Re: Any Cooper Bikes love?

Postby brauluver » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Looks like every other OTR S/S fixed bike with a brand name and price to match.
Generic frame no doubt, plenty of other's use Taiwanese made Reynolds 520 frames, KHS, Mercier etc....
Nothing English about it's pedigree< except a couple of components.
brauluver

Postby 0candles » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Leigh
I've had a Monza for well over a year now and I'm still in love with the sheer simplicty of the bike. The only mods are cheap Giant toe clip pedals and a smaller 23 gatorskin tyre on the rear. Chain tensioning is a sinch and while the FG purists may say its an imitator, it fits the bill for my relatively flat commute in and out of Perth. My knees and the WA motoring public are the main factors that stop me from flipping the rear and trying to ride fixed. Got it with a few chips on the top tube paint from wiggle as an ex-demo so it cost under $900 so I paid nothing to customs. I've covered the chips with scotchbrite reflective tape and only two weeks ago thoroughly cleaned and lubed the driveline. Definitely feeling the love after 15 months. 8)
[b] Bianchi Genius for the long rides
Cooper Monza for the A to B rides
SE Stout SS 29er for the rough rides
0candles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:13 pm

brauluver wrote:Nothing English about it's pedigree< except a couple of components.

You mean ONE component, the saddle. Sturmey Archer is owned by Sun Race in Taiwan, and as far as i know that's where the new SA hubs are made.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Return to Fixed Gear/ Single Speed