Malvern Star Conversion

The place for fixies and other rides without gears

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby nathann » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:09 pm

It seems that everyone is mad because he won't buy his own tires but asks for some in the Wanted section.
But he has a pretty good offer and he had better take it....
nathann
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Perth

by BNA » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 pm

BNA
 

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby BLU_FZ! » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 pm

EvilGenius wrote:Meh... Look, How about I get the bike done... and then I post it and I won't say a thing until then?


I find that statement of yours very hard to believe.

Most of your posts are seemingly pointless and it would appear to me that the only reason you post anything is to increase your post count.There is a place for your type,its called "FacebooK"When you mature up and can contribute in a young adult kind of way you will find the members will appreciate/tollerate your input.

I for for one are sick of scrolling through your crap.MB has offered you cranks for nix, i will even give you some 7400 DA cranks or 600`s for the price of postage just to shut you up.I know this is only an opinion, but mods,can we have an age limit in the forums and create a forum for under 18`s,,,,,,,We could call it "Retro Romper Room"
"Him"-You do realize that you now own one of the rarest of all high end Nishikis ever produced?"Me"-But its still a Repco mate
Image
User avatar
BLU_FZ!
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 am
Location: Perth?

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby .isaac. » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Ok. I have it all sorted. Cap'n Commuter from fixed.org.au and I are sorting out when I will pick my tyres up and I have a crankset selected.
.isaac.
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby nathann » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Woooooooooooooooo I'm super excited to see this.
nathann
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Perth

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby tallywhacker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:54 pm

the anticipation is.........
Ever since the vasectomy...I mostly ride fixed.
User avatar
tallywhacker
 
Posts: 1598
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: on the road

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby .isaac. » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I'll try my best at getting the crankset in the month and the tyres as soon as possible. Operation fixed-gear is now number 1 on priority list... well maybe after Maths homework and getting to the velodrome on sundays.
.isaac.
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby BLU_FZ! » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Offer no longer stands,

To type 2 words (Thank you) or even 1(Thanks), you could have had a set of good quality cranks.The word un-******-grateful comes to mind, I had even hoped that I would come home from work and see a pm from you taking up the offer.For the grand total of maybe 10 bucks, you could have had a quality crankest with chainrings.

Glenn
"Him"-You do realize that you now own one of the rarest of all high end Nishikis ever produced?"Me"-But its still a Repco mate
Image
User avatar
BLU_FZ!
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 am
Location: Perth?

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby nathann » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 pm

31st December 2010, you said you'd have shiny cranks in a bit.
7th February 2011, you still don't have cranks despite two (?) offers.

Just sayin'.
nathann
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Perth

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby Stovepipe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:17 pm

BLU_FZ! wrote:Offer no longer stands,

To type 2 words (Thank you) or even 1(Thanks), you could have had a set of good quality cranks.The word un-******-grateful comes to mind, I had even hoped that I would come home from work and see a pm from you taking up the offer.For the grand total of maybe 10 bucks, you could have had a quality crankest with chainrings.

Glenn


dont worry glenn I'll happily and very gratefully take them off your hands :mrgreen: !
User avatar
Stovepipe
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:41 am

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby PeteV » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:29 pm

BLU_FZ! wrote:Offer no longer stands,

To type 2 words (Thank you) or even 1(Thanks), you could have had a set of good quality cranks.The word un-******-grateful comes to mind, I had even hoped that I would come home from work and see a pm from you taking up the offer.For the grand total of maybe 10 bucks, you could have had a quality crankest with chainrings.

Glenn

Don't worry too much BLU_FZ, I offered him a wheelset for postage and didn't even get a reply to my pm. I'm just watching this thread for giggles now.
Merida Ride Lite 93 2012
Mojo Urban fixed
1984 Christoff R.I.P
User avatar
PeteV
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 am
Location: Northern 'burbs, Adelaide

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby SeanB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Isaac, don't even bother with these guys any more. Their all taking the piss. Just build it up and get out there and ride the thing.

Make a new forum account if you wanna keep posting here because they won't drop it.

All the best mate.
User avatar
SeanB
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm
Location: S Adelaide, SA

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby .isaac. » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 pm

SeanB wrote:Isaac, don't even bother with these guys any more. Their all taking the piss. Just build it up and get out there and ride the thing.

Make a new forum account if you wanna keep posting here because they won't drop it.

All the best mate.

Thanks Sean. Everyone listen up because I'm only saying this once. It's my build, I will do what I like. I am on a VERY low budget and I've just worked out that its gonna cost me alot more to get everything done then I intended. If you want the exact figures here they are:
The following in bold is what Pony Bikes will charge me:
The labour charge will be about $60
Track cog is $35
Brake lever is $15
Brake is $55

Cranks are $40
Tyres are $40
All up $245
If you don't want to help me (I'm not saying that people haven't been helping me) then I suggest you leave this thread. If you want to help me and possibly have an offer for a cheaper 16t Track Cog then please stay. I need support not people criticizing for what I'm trying to do. I took this build off my own back and being a kid and not having much money, it is extremely hard. I WILL complete this build but I will not tolerate people that put me down.
"Faliure is not an option"
.isaac.
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby fussy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Based on the WIP image of your bike 3 pages back, and the various info in your posts, I assume you are seeking 700x23 tyres...if so, I am prepared to give you 2 x Michelin Pro Race 3 tyres (Gray/White) which will suit your white frame nicely, plus 2 tubes I have sitting in my tub of junk. I paid $90 for the tyres and was selling them for $50, but you can have them.

See my post below.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37172&p=554539#p554539

I can also provide you with a brake cable and housing and possibly the caliper (also in above post)...although there may not be enough reach to meet the rim.

The choice is yours.
User avatar
fussy
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:49 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby .isaac. » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm

That would be great! Thank you so much!
.isaac.
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby nathann » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 pm

I got a 17T track cog like this ( http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FIXED-SPROCKET-C ... 3cb42464cd ). Not sure how good it actually is but for me it has been running fine. It's a lot cheaper and will probably arrive within a few days of buying it so maybe you should consider it.
nathann
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Perth

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby Stovepipe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Heaps of people wrote:I'll give you some part you need for free/postage cost if you want


EvilGenius wrote:winge winge i cant afford said part, tell me what I can do, help me or get out of my thread


:roll:

PS. im jesting have some humour. relax, its amusing.
User avatar
Stovepipe
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:41 am

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby BLU_FZ! » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Listen Evil, we fully understand that your a kid building a bike on a budget,but when i offer you an option of either 2 very good quality cranksets for the cost of postage (approx $10) and you plan on buying a set for $40 you sort of ???????? well ??????? confuse me! Are these not good enough for the "failure is not an option" build. Since posting the offer i have had quite a few members request the same generosity.I think i must be missing something?????? would you like me to pay you too take them from me and i pick up the tab for postage?????? For someone that points out their a kid with very restricted cash flow, your very fussy.

The members of another forum you visit are equally tired of this build and from your last post there,you only needed tires to complete your build???????so what is it.Do you know your self what stage it is at or are you off with the fairies.If im reading this stuff,other members are as well. Take some time out and read "The boy that cried wolf"

Quote "WANTED 25/01/2011 Tyres Black or White 700x23's. Final component to my build.

There are some very knowledgeable and helpful members on BNA forums,plz don't insult our intelligence
Last edited by BLU_FZ! on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Him"-You do realize that you now own one of the rarest of all high end Nishikis ever produced?"Me"-But its still a Repco mate
Image
User avatar
BLU_FZ!
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 am
Location: Perth?

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby .isaac. » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:26 am

The post where you said you were selling the cranks was loaded with stuff trying to tick me off so I didn't read the rest.
.isaac.
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby aaron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:28 am

Settle down Isaac.
aaron
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby aaron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:47 pm

fussy wrote:Based on the WIP image of your bike 3 pages back, and the various info in your posts, I assume you are seeking 700x23 tyres...if so, I am prepared to give you 2 x Michelin Pro Race 3 tyres (Gray/White) which will suit your white frame nicely, plus 2 tubes I have sitting in my tub of junk. I paid $90 for the tyres and was selling them for $50, but you can have them.

See my post below.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37172&p=554539#p554539

I can also provide you with a brake cable and housing and possibly the caliper (also in above post)...although there may not be enough reach to meet the rim.

The choice is yours.

That's an awesome deal!
Looks like the sqeakiest wheel DOES get the most oil.
aaron
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby mmhbeer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:06 pm

EvilGenius wrote:
SeanB wrote:Isaac, don't even bother with these guys any more. Their all taking the piss. Just build it up and get out there and ride the thing.

Make a new forum account if you wanna keep posting here because they won't drop it.

All the best mate.

Thanks Sean. Everyone listen up because I'm only saying this once. It's my build, I will do what I like. I am on a VERY low budget and I've just worked out that its gonna cost me alot more to get everything done then I intended. If you want the exact figures here they are:
The following in bold is what Pony Bikes will charge me:
The labour charge will be about $60
Track cog is $35
Brake lever is $15
Brake is $55

Cranks are $40
Tyres are $40
All up $245
If you don't want to help me (I'm not saying that people haven't been helping me) then I suggest you leave this thread. If you want to help me and possibly have an offer for a cheaper 16t Track Cog then please stay. I need support not people criticizing for what I'm trying to do. I took this build off my own back and being a kid and not having much money, it is extremely hard. I WILL complete this build but I will not tolerate people that put me down.
"Faliure is not an option"


I love faliure
mmhbeer
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby aaron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Mods, lock this I reckon.
Isaac come back as 'GeniousEvil' when the bike is done.
You've had two massive threads with nothing but upsetting 50% of the folks.
You have my number so give me a call or get me to call you back and I'll help you out.
We all know you are trying hard and we all knnow you are now 13, so we get it.

Isaac pm me you address and, if I can get it off the current wheel, I'll send you a 17 tooth Surly spocket.
It's seen about 1000kms but still looks great
aaron
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby aaron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Ok it's off!
Do you need a lock ring too?
aaron
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby fussy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 am

EvilGenius wrote:That would be great! Thank you so much!


If you want the tyres you'll have to pick them up....I'm located in Collingwood.

Depending where you are located in Melbourne, I could potentially meet you somewhere so grab my mobile number from the WTS post with the tyres, and contact me.
User avatar
fussy
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:49 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Malvern Star Conversion

Postby backofthebunch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:57 pm

you could cut the anticipation with a knife!!!

hope u haven't grown out of the frame young fella?
backofthebunch
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fixed Gear/ Single Speed

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter