dangers of just one brake?

hartleymartin

Re: dangers of just one brake?

Postby hartleymartin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:48 pm

For a little while I road 3-speed with a coaster brake and a front hand-brake. I actually found it beneficial to have the lever on the left, leaving my right arm free to signal. I also found that I only used it when coming to a complete stop, as the coaster would allow me to bring my speed under control.
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty

ghettro

Postby ghettro » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:24 pm

I like having the rear brake so I can signal right (whilst steering with my left hand) and come to a stop if I need to without braking too hard and crashing hehe.

Also in crap weather, I prefer having the rear brake as well. I want to avoid braking with the front only to avoid washing it out passing over slippery manhole covers or the like.

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 am

Im completing my build this week and I'm only running a front brake. Mainly because I'm guessing I wont be needing two because of the fixed drivetrain brake thing. I guess I wont actually be needing the brake at all after a period of time but I will keep it on. I spose' whatever you feel comfortable with you should do, if you don't like the thought of running one brake, then don't, run two. If your a fearless hipster then run none.