Fixie Riders

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Fixie Riders

Postby mikesbytes » Fri May 27, 2011 4:22 pm

aaron wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:What cracks me up is the hipsters who are riding single speed, what a joke
Are you serious? SS are cool.
SS can be fixed
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

skull

Postby skull » Fri May 27, 2011 4:48 pm

I ride fixed, now that's cool.

I also am semi hipster as after my ride into the gym (20km) then intervals on the spinbike for an hr, I shower change into my suit, then ride my fixie down the main drag of Hobart CBD to my office.

teds01

Postby teds01 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:13 pm

The positive of riding a fixie for me as a bike messenger was ultra low maintenance and the security that if any crack head tried to steal my bike I'd probably find them around the corner face planted into the gutter, this was years ago. Now, it's mildly embarrassing to be seen on a fixie because of all the negativity towards 'hipsters', I've happily changed professions now. All for the better, but the fixie is now gathering dust... but still a great low maintenance city commuter.

hartleymartin

Postby hartleymartin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm thinking of building a fixie roadster. That way any thief would have to be at leasy 6 foot tall and be able to ride fixed to nick my bike.
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 am

teds01 wrote:The positive of riding a fixie for me as a bike messenger was ultra low maintenance and the security that if any crack head tried to steal my bike I'd probably find them around the corner face planted into the gutter, this was years ago. Now, it's mildly embarrassing to be seen on a fixie because of all the negativity towards 'hipsters', I've happily changed professions now. All for the better, but the fixie is now gathering dust... but still a great low maintenance city commuter.
Riding fixed is fun though when I see how many people who ride fixed but struggle and lack bike control, but still try and weave through traffic and pedestrians it doesn't motivate me.
Cycling is in my BNA

munga

Postby munga » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:06 pm

hartleymartin wrote:I'm thinking of building a fixie roadster. That way any thief would have to be at leasy 6 foot tall and be able to ride fixed to nick my bike.
or you could buy a lock 8)

silly argyle hipsters..

DrJay

Postby DrJay » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:23 pm

HappyHumber wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:What cracks me up is the hipsters who are riding single speed, what a joke
It's like quadbikes are for bogans that can't balance on two wheeled m'bikes.
And farmers with a deathwish.
Humans are not so much rational beings, as rationalizing ones.

2010 Giant Yukon with slicks and stuff.
2008 Salsa Casseroll
2010 SE Lager