WI ENO Freewheel

sil3nt

WI ENO Freewheel

Postby sil3nt » Wed May 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Hey guy's I just ordered a 16T White Industries freewheel and I noticed on the Company's site that it can be removed with a normal freewheel remover. Given I don't currently have a freewheel remover I wanted to see if anyone else with a WI eno freewheel and could recommend a removal tool and a place I can buy it from ?

Thanks in advance

Rich
Rides : Merida Reacto 907E & The SS Larry

familyguy

Re: WI ENO Freewheel

Postby familyguy » Wed May 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Park Tools FR-6 is the BMX four-prong freewheel remover. I believe that's the one you want. The FR-3 is a smaller diameter, to fit inside multi-speed freewheels. FR-6 are pretty cheap on PBK. There's probably a hundred non-Park branded items exactly the same. Failing that your LBS may have something to fit. You can't use theirs?

Jim

sil3nt

Postby sil3nt » Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm

familyguy wrote:Park Tools FR-6 is the BMX four-prong freewheel remover. I believe that's the one you want. The FR-3 is a smaller diameter, to fit inside multi-speed freewheels. FR-6 are pretty cheap on PBK. There's probably a hundred non-Park branded items exactly the same. Failing that your LBS may have something to fit. You can't use theirs?

Jim
Hey Jim, thanks for that info. I guess worse case scenario I could go to my LBS but I would like to have something on hand anyhow.

Cheers

Rich

baabaa

Postby baabaa » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm

I use a common garden 4 prong bmx tool. Works for the WI and shimanos.
When fitting use a dab of grease on the threads and when you want to remove, best to nip it down a tad with your fun bolts, axle bolt or skewer to keep it snug and avoid any nasty/ expensive burrs.

baabaa

Postby baabaa » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm

sorry edit said the same thing x2
Last edited by baabaa on Wed May 22, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sil3nt

Postby sil3nt » Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 pm

baabaa wrote:I use a common garden 4 prong bmx tool. Works for the WI and shimanos.
When fitting use a dab of grease on the threads and when you want to remove, best to nip it down a tad with your fun bolts, axle bolt or skewer to keep it snug and avoid any nasty/ expensive burrs.
Thanks for that info, I got myself a standard 4 prong bmx tool just the other day, note taken on the fitting and removal prep :)