Where can i buy this?

fraser22

Where can i buy this?

Postby fraser22 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:43 am

Hey guys
I've been looking around for a navy single speed with a tan seat and tan bullhorn bars but can't seem to find any. Can anyone link me one/have any suggestions of where to buy etc. I'm looking for one like this http://pedalcyclery.com.au/wp-content/u ... Bike14.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RonK

Where can i buy this?

Postby RonK » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Why so colour-specific? That makes things difficult.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

itsaghostcar

Re: Where can i buy this?

Postby itsaghostcar » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Get a frame powdercoated and build it up yourself? Otherwise, if you're in Sydney, I'm sure Ben (aka Spirito) could build you something nice ... http://www.spirito.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fraser22

Postby fraser22 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:51 pm

RonK wrote:Why so colour-specific? That makes things difficult.
Ahh I just think that that colour looks nice, but if anyone knows a nice vintage style one with bullhorns I am open to suggestions.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:05 pm

You're more likely to get what you want by going custom. The original pic you linked is a converted & customised 1980s roadie. It certainly doesn't look off the shelf in that configuration. Following the pic URL back; sure enough.

Even if you find a blue bike you like; jump on it and swap out the seat/bars & tape to fit the vision in your head. People on here can help you match the right components in terms of fit and such. Oh... and FWIW, correct size is more important than colour. No point buying a good looking bike if it wants to seperate your vertebrae or slam into your nether regions each time you move off the seat.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

Gordonhooker

Postby Gordonhooker » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:44 am

Yep a custom road bike with a brookes england honey seat and honey bar tape - buy and el cheapo Cell or Reid fixie and swap out the seat, handle bars and brakes.
OI onya bike!!!

woody81

Postby woody81 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Get a Cell single speed, change the frame color and switch out the components you don't like.

Cell singlie runs about $200

RonK

Postby RonK » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:24 pm

fraser22 wrote:
RonK wrote:Why so colour-specific? That makes things difficult.
Ahh I just think that that colour looks nice, but if anyone knows a nice vintage style one with bullhorns I am open to suggestions.
Then check out the Cooper Sebring.
Last edited by RonK on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordonhooker

Postby Gordonhooker » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:44 pm

woody81 wrote:Get a Cell single speed, change the frame color and switch out the components you don't like.

The cheap Cell single speed (messenger) is hi-ten steel I think he would be better off going the little bit more and using a cro-mo frame.
OI onya bike!!!

HLC

Postby HLC » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Gordonhooker wrote:
woody81 wrote:Get a Cell single speed, change the frame color and switch out the components you don't like.

The cheap Cell single speed (messenger) is hi-ten steel I think he would be better off going the little bit more and using a cro-mo frame.
No he wouldn't.

The Cell fixie is EASILY the best bang for buck bike out there at the moment. You won't get rolling for less. $200! You could get a generic brown saddle and bar tape for another $50.

A quick service and you are laughing. I would buy one (if i needed a 5th single speed/fixed gear bike)

Gordonhooker

Postby Gordonhooker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 am

HLC wrote:
Gordonhooker wrote:

No he wouldn't.

The Cell fixie is EASILY the best bang for buck bike out there at the moment. You won't get rolling for less. $200! You could get a generic brown saddle and bar tape for another $50.

A quick service and you are laughing. I would buy one (if i needed a 5th single speed/fixed gear bike)
Obviously not everyone agrees with you...
OI onya bike!!!

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:22 am

Whilst the OP has been quite specific about the look he's after, one thing he hasn't been particular about is the price.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 am

I found factory five online. wearefactoryfive.com no actual purchase other than waiting for some hubs to arrive. Online reviews were enough to convince me to try them. It seems that the bikes are fully customisable, but at a price. I experimented and came up with over $1k

http://wearefactoryfive.com/blogs/facto ... -blue-jeff

The price you pay for non-DIY.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.