JRI Fixed - Recommendations please

Nick Bagus

JRI Fixed - Recommendations please

Postby Nick Bagus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Hey guys,

Very new to the forum, first post.

I have been contemplating purchasing a single speed/fixie for travel from home to work and back again, roughly a 6-8km round trip plus some weekend commutes to mates places etc. nothing serious!

I stumbled across Just Ride It bikes and aesthetically they're awesome, but that's about all i know. There seems to be very limited feedback and reviews online. The little info i could find, people were saying they're not worth it.

Just wondering if any members own one? Are they overpriced? My budget is up to $600 and i was looking at the Cujo Pro. https://www.justrideit.com.au/collectio ... ujo-lo-pro

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated and any other recommendations would be awesome!

Cheers
P.S sorry if this whole topic about cheap SS bikes has been done to death

MattyK

Re: JRI Fixed - Recommendations please

Postby MattyK » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:58 pm

I visited their store a few weeks ago, they seem total enthusiasts and there are some fantastic bikes there. The one with the BMW M-power paint job was fantastic.

That model doesn’t appear to one of the good ones; $600 for a hi-tensile frame is pushing reason. You could get a good cro-mo frame for that, or something very good used. Eg my Reid in the thread below for $150. Would leave plenty of budget for customising it to your taste

Nick Bagus

Postby Nick Bagus » Tue May 01, 2018 9:32 am

Thanks for the feedback.

Given my budget, there's obviously quite a few bikes out there which also all seem pretty comparable eg. Harrier, Studds, etc.

But what about State Bicyle Co? Their 4130 Coreline is on special with 35% off, making them about $480 with free shipping.

https://www.statebicycle.com.au/collect ... -core-line

Any feedback on their bikes would be great!

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:17 am

When Just Ride It entered the market a few years back, they were all style, no substance. Low quality parts trying to look like high end track machines. I'm not sure if that has changed, but I'd be very wary before handing over any cash.

The State bike you linked to looks like a far better option to me.

Nick Bagus

Postby Nick Bagus » Wed May 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys, i've managed to find a second-hand Bianchi Pista which i'll be picking up in the next week or so!

Stoked!

camtalbot

Postby camtalbot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:09 pm

(AT) Nick Bagus

I am trying to make the same decision as you did and stumbled across this post.

What did you decide in the end? The stateside bike? And if so how has it turned out? The 4130s look pretty good on the website. Better specs than the JRI.

Thanks,

Cameron

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 am

camtalbot wrote:What did you decide in the end?
He got a Bianchi Pista.