Home baked bent

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Postby just4tehhalibut » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:21 pm

vic wrote:I had been to that page. I clicked on your link. After axles and kingpins is the brake category. I just can't seem to find the rod ends. I can't see any parts called that, or priced at $15. Even using the 'find' tool on firefox doesn't show rod ends. Am I blind? :?

No, just got a bit lost. Same link, same page but don't scroll down as the details on that page are only a selection of the catalogue. Near the top of the page is a .pdf file of the Feb09 pricelist, you need that. Then as said go to page 2 of that .pdf file.

Thanks for starting this thread, it has been interesting.
just4tehhalibut

by BNA » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:23 pm

BNA

Postby John Lewis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:23 pm

vic wrote:I had been to that page. I clicked on your link. After axles and kingpins is the brake category. I just can't seem to find the rod ends. I can't see any parts called that, or priced at $15. Even using the 'find' tool on firefox doesn't show rod ends. Am I blind? :?

Sorry I didn't get back to this vic. I see just4tehalibut has pointed you in the rifgt direction. My bad. It was the pdf catalog.

part RE-4 is 1/4" part RE-5 is 5/16" rod end.

Just email Rachel at
[email protected]

John Lewis
John Lewis

Postby vic » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Yay. Now I'm on track. Thanks for your patience, feedback and help guys. :)
vic

Re: Home baked bent

Postby vic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Just letting you all know, the cable tie version of the mesh seat has endured the test of time, and the bike rides like a dream. I haven't painted it yet, as I'm too keen to ride it when I have the time. I ended up putting on a shorter pair of forks, and a dragster front wheel with a rounded tyre. It handles brilliantly now.
vic

Postby John Lewis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:59 pm

vic wrote:Just letting you all know, the cable tie version of the mesh seat has endured the test of time, and the bike rides like a dream. I haven't painted it yet, as I'm too keen to ride it when I have the time. I ended up putting on a shorter pair of forks, and a dragster front wheel with a rounded tyre. It handles brilliantly now.

It's really hard to tear down the bike to paint. How do I know? Used mine probably 18 months before I finally did it.

What width cable ties did you use. On two bikes I usd the wide ones about 8mm I guess. The new one uses 5mm nearer 4.8 mm ones but I used them pretty close together. I used Poiter's idea of brake cable outer in the sleeves.

John Lewis
John Lewis

Postby vic » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:26 pm

I am using 5mm, using Poiter's system. They break occasionally, but I keep a stash on board. I don't trim them either, they just flap in the wind.
vic

Previous

Return to Recumbents