Here we go again

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Here we go again

Postby Low Racer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi all,
Not too long ago, a thread has been removed about dealer(s). A thread has started at BROL in regards to Aussie bent dealer(s). Here is the link.

http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageb ... hp?t=45169

Chong
Low Racer

by BNA » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 pm

BNA

Re: Here we go again

Postby Poiter » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 pm

Low Racer wrote:Hi all,
Not too long ago, a thread has been removed about dealer(s). A thread has started at BROL in regards to Aussie bent dealer(s). Here is the link.

Chong

So why bring it up here again?
Poiter

Re: Here we go again

Postby bradwoodbr » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 pm

Poiter wrote:
Low Racer wrote:Hi all,

Chong

So why bring it up here again?

+1
Optima Baron Raptor
Low Racer - Recumbent
http://lowracerrider.blogspot.com/
bradwoodbr

Postby just4tehhalibut » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Just my two cents to eveyone.
It would be nice if some of those who have complained in the recent past were to come back and say that everything is sweet now (as was the case for one of the original posters), might also stop every other whinger coming out of the woodwork.
Let's look at this from a practical side: we need those Australian recumbent sellers. One post or other might not seem much but as a catalyst for net-whingers and the flood that inevitably comes this can lead to an out-of-business sign. Do we really want that? For every Australian recumbent seller I've had problems with non-reply to emails, delays without communication in items that were ordered, wrong stuff being sent. So what. I'd rather a bent dealer in my city than somewhere far away via plane or ship. I'd rather have the chance to pop into a local dealer's shop and try a bike than take my chances on Ebay. And I know that if there is a dealer in that town then there's likely a healthy recumbent scene there and a better chance of meeting fellow bentists.
I've gotta say that these guys are pretty much pioneers. I know that Ian at Flying Furniture was a regular at the HPV Challenges, a fearless commuter on Parramatta Rd, rode with the Sydney Recumbent Riders, worked with Greenspeed on the development of a new model of trike that he used in the PBP. I had brought an Airnimal off him years ago, before anyone on the net sold them. And his FF brought in bikes and gear that we never thought that we'd ever see in our isolated little corner of the world.

The best thing is not to cause these dealers to go away but to encourage more; competition makes better business. So buy local.
(hell, those with old stock will be cheaper right now than anything from overseas).
just4tehhalibut

BROL

Postby Recycler » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Howdy Low Racer,
How low can you go :?: :?: :twisted:
Recycler

Postby Low Racer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Bob,

Have you forgotten to take your tablets? You are having a hissy fit again.

I haven't said anything degrading to the bent dealers here. So stop being a fool attacking me, like you did on my bike.

To others. I am simply pointing out that someone has started a discussion regarding Aussie bent dealers on BROL. I am not resurrecting previous thread. I guess some of you don't like your friends being discussed that way.

If I had breached the forum regulation, modulators please remove the thread.

Chong
Low Racer

Postby bradwoodbr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Low Racer wrote:Hi Bob,

Have you forgotten to take your tablets? You are having a hissy fit again.

I haven't said anything degrading to the bent dealers here. So stop being a fool attacking me, like you did on my bike.

To others. I am simply pointing out that someone has started a discussion regarding Aussie bent dealers on BROL. I am not resurrecting previous thread. I guess some of you don't like your friends being discussed that way.

If I had breached the forum regulation, modulators please remove the thread.

Chong

Hi Chong, why don't you become a recumbent agent/dealer and we can all discuss how good you are with customers relations. Judging by the above quote, you already have your own flair and style. :wink:
Optima Baron Raptor
Low Racer - Recumbent
http://lowracerrider.blogspot.com/
bradwoodbr

Postby Low Racer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Chong, why don't you become a recumbent agent/dealer and we can all discuss how good you are with customers relations. Judging by the above quote, you already have your own flair and style. :wink:

Thanks for the complement. I have learned from the best in the trade.
Low Racer

Postby Low Racer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:41 pm

just4tehhalibut wrote:Just my two cents to eveyone.
It would be nice if some of those who have complained in the recent past were to come back and say that everything is sweet now (as was the case for one of the original posters), might also stop every other whinger coming out of the woodwork.

Hi Craig,
I have dealt with Georgina at Speed Pedal and can vouch that I get nothing short of excellent service.

Chong
Low Racer

Return to Recumbents