Velocity wheels sale

just4tehhalibut

Velocity wheels sale

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 am

I had a call from my LBS (Ideal Cycles, O'Connor WA) as they'd been trying on my behalf to get a wheel or rim from Velocity, turns out that Velocity have just decided to clear out a bit of stock and it is most folder and recumbent-friendly stuff. I've asked for a list to be emailed to me and I'll then post more details but there's some
349 (16", as used with Bromptons),
406 (20", Dahon-size),
507 and 520 (both 24", BMX and as used for the Airnimal or turning your Bacchetta Giro20 into a Giro 26/24), and
'650' (didn't get if 650A,B or C but most likely the 650C wheel size as used on most US highracers, like Bacchetta, Volae).
Seems mostly front wheels only, no sets. I've bagged a 406 with disc brake hub, nice as I'd otherwise have to build one myself, few sell these.

Wait for more details or if you LBS deals with Velocity ask them.

just4tehhalibut

Re: Velocity wheels sale

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Okay, the list is long and probably a few items gone already so perhaps best if you see your LBS if you want to check this out, especially as although this is a sale the middleman at your LBS will need to be negotiated with. A couple of things 'though

the wheel sizes are 349, 17", 406, 451, 507, 520, 650C, 26" and 700C

for some they have several pairs, others are mostly just front, sometimes rear wheels. All manner of hub and spoke count.

I've found Velocity really hard to get wheels and rims from, as good as they are they unfortunately are geared to the American market, which is why their last sale was US-only, not us. So this is I think a rare event.

MiG

Re: Velocity wheels sale

Postby MiG » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 am

My 650c bike had a stuffed freehub body and a replacement couldn't be found.
Thanks to your post, I got the LBS to order the 650c rear fusion wheel for $130, the LBS commented that that's cheaper than he could buy a wheel normally.
The day you posted this is the day that I was informed that a freehub body couldn't be found. How's that for a fortuitous coincidence? :)