AZUB MAX / HARDCORE

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

AZUB MAX / HARDCORE

Postby graeme1957 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi,

Anyone out there know any info about the AZUB series of recumbent bikes. I'm interested in getting a Max or Hardcore frame only for mountain bike off road touring. They seem to fit the bill but was wondering if anyone has heard any positives / negatives or even had first hand experience of these bikes.

Thanks,

Graeme :roll:
graeme1957

by BNA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

BNA

Re: AZUB MAX / HARDCORE

Postby graeme1957 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

OK fellow recumbent riders. I am biting the bullet and purchasing a frameset with the intent of building the AZUB Max into a mountain bike recumbent. The frame set includes frame, seat and hardware, fork (rockshok tora 302 - which I'll ebay and upgrade as the discount for not getting the fork was only $20), Underseat steering, all bearings for steering and fork, rear shock. The cost of the frameset is about $1800 AUS. I'll try to give a decent review of the bike as an offroad bike when I have built it up and given it a decent run. I know that technical single track will be pretty much beyond the capability of the bike but it's horses for courses I guess. Most of my mountain biking is fire trails and fairly tame single track with a bit or technical stuff thrown in. I'll still have my upright MTB for that stuff. Cheers, Graeme
graeme1957

Postby Hotdog » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:24 am

I'll be interested to see this, the Azub off-road touring recumbents are intriguing but there seems to be very little information out there on the web (in English, anyway).

I take it you're buying direct from Azub? I haven't heard of any Australian distributors for that brand. Any ETA yet?
Hotdog

Postby graeme1957 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:37 pm

No, I'm buying from the US distributor. I made contact with him because of the good $ to $ rate at the moment. He was very helpful and assisted with all the questions I had to ask. As well as that, I didn't get any response from the manufacturer when I emailed them. Maybe it went in the too hard basket. I'll keep the forum updated on this thread. I'm guessing the frame kit will be a couple of weeks max if customs don't hold it up for some reason but then there will be a bit of time to assemble and source a few of the parts I don't have. I noticed you are from Ryde. You would be most welcome to have a ride when it's all done. I'm from the Blue Mountains.
graeme1957

Postby Aushiker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:33 pm

I know this is an old thread but a Azub Max has popped up on Gumtree. Looks very nice from the photo other than the under-seat steering which looks odd to me :)

Does it belong to anyone here?

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 pm

I think I have found the owner's blog ... http://igorbilek.com/ Looks like a great read.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Return to Recumbents