Mirrors

Recumbents and all feet forward machines

Postby europa » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:42 pm

I did 26km today with the new mirrors. They are great :D Dead still. A little distortion but nothing that'll disturb you. Great vision. A little distracting seeing they are so close to my face, but I soon learned to ignore them and they proved themselves to be very useful.

The LF mirror is set to see behind me, very useful on bike paths. The RH is set a little wider for traffic.

Regarding Calhoun's website - yeah, it annoys me too, that and the assumption a lot of yanks have that everyone understands what their state abbreviations mean.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it
europa

Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

by BNA » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:13 pm

BNA

Postby Hotdog » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:13 pm

europa wrote:I did 26km today with the new mirrors. They are great :D Dead still. A little distortion but nothing that'll disturb you. Great vision. A little distracting seeing they are so close to my face, but I soon learned to ignore them and they proved themselves to be very useful.

The LF mirror is set to see behind me, very useful on bike paths. The RH is set a little wider for traffic.

Glad they're working out well, I'm looking forward to receiving mine. There were a few occasions on this morning's ride when I wished I had a left hand mirror.
Regarding Calhoun's website - yeah, it annoys me too, that and the assumption a lot of yanks have that everyone understands what their state abbreviations mean.

Yep, the whole world knows all the two letter abbreviations for USA states. Also, no other country has states (the closest freely editable entry on Calhoun Cycles' address form is 'province'). I did actually have to check that MN was Minnesota when entering their own address as the shipping address.
Hotdog

Postby europa » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:37 pm

Hotdog wrote: I did actually have to check that MN was Minnesota when entering their own address as the shipping address.

Minnesota eh? I put it down as Maine ... because it was the first on the list and this one bit of American arrogance that really pips me ... and it didn't really matter :roll:

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it
europa

Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Previous

Return to Recumbents